XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work 2017
The World Congress on Safety and Health at Work opens its doors every three years. Each time, a different country is the host. The XXI World Congress will be held from 3 to 6 September 2017 in Singapore. It offers a platform for the exchange of information and views to experts in occupational safety and health, representatives of enterprises and workers (the social partners), decision-makers in governments and public authorities, and anyone else active in the area of occupational safety and health.
- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- Sep. 3-6, 2017
- Sands Expo and Convention Centre
- Marina Bay Sands, , Singapore
- Provide a forum for the exchange of knowledge, practices and experience between participants with the aim of promoting safety and health at work.
- Reinforce and build networks and alliances while laying the groundwork for cooperation and strengthening relationships among all concerned.
- Provide a platform for the development of knowledge and strategic and practical ideas that can be immediately put into use.
When and Where Do We Meet?
Date: 3-6 September 2017
Venue: Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Who Should Attend?
Everyone who is interested and deals with workplace safety and health issues at work.
- High-level government officials, high-level decision-makers in the public and private sectors;
- Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and labour leaders;
- Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) professionals such as safety engineers, safety technicians,
- Occupational hygienists, scientists, and so on;
- Occupational physicians and others dealing with occupational medicine;
- Labour inspectors and safety and health inspectors;
- Instructors, trainers and teachers in the field of OSH education;
- Trade unions, workers and their representatives;
- Employers and their organisations, including human resource (HR) managers;
- Social security institutions;
- Public and private OSH organisations;
- International and regional organisations;
- Manufacturers and importers of safety materials and safety equipment;
- Experts in communication and public relations; and
- Media representatives and journalists.
The organisers for the XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work 2017 take our responsibility seriously and are committed to provide a Safe, Healthy and Sustainable event. A comprehensive strategy has been developed to achieve these objectives, by ensuring that the congress leaves a light environmental footprint, demonstrates best practices in Safety and Health, and provides a positive legacy for the community.
The key pillars underpinning the overall strategy are described in the following infographic:
The World Congress 2017 programme includes an opening and closing ceremony, keynote speeches, technical sessions, special events and symposia. Poster presentations, industrial visits, an accompanying trade fair and the International Media Festival for Prevention are also held concurrently as part of the Congress.
Keynote Speeches and Technical Sessions
Keynote speeches by speakers from different countries will introduce you to the main topics of the World Congress 2017. Technical sessions will further illustrate the three main Congress topics to provide a deeper understanding of the safety and health at work issues globally.
The symposia will be organised together with organisations across the world. Participants who wish to present a paper at one of the symposia will be invited to submit an abstract online. All proposals will be reviewed by the National Scientific Committee and organisers of the symposia.
The Poster session of the Congress is organised in line with various topics of discussion in the Symposia to provide an opportunity for more papers to be presented. The Poster session will run throughout the Congress and will be co-located with the Congress proceedings.
International Media Festival for Prevention
The International Media Festival for Prevention is an integral part of World Congress for Safety and Health at Work. The festival will provide Congress participants an overview of the wide range of workplace safety and health films and multimedia products from all over the world. An international jury of experts will present awards at the Congress to the best contributions.
International Safety and Health Exhibition
A safety and health at work exhibition will be held concurrently as a supporting event for the XXI World Congress. Over 100 exhibitors are expected at the exhibition.
This will be an interactive session for participants to share, learn and network with others from all over the world. The event will provide participants a chance to engage in discussion in a small setting that will allow them to learn more about their topic of interest.
The Organisers have lined up technical tours as part of the Congress programme to enrich delegates’ appreciation of the key industries and occupational safety and health developments in this region.
Singapore is a melting pot of diverse cultures and religions that offers a plethora of delectable culinary delights and numerous attractions that would satisfy one’s yearning for adventure.