Energy & Environmental Science
A journal linking all aspects of the chemical, physical and biotechnological sciences relating to energy conversion and storage, alternative fuel technologies and environmental science.
- Industry Type:
- Print ISSN:
- ISSN 1754-5692
- On-Line ISSN:
- ISSN 1754-5706
The journal recognises the complexity of issues and challenges relating to energy and environmental science and therefore particularly welcomes work of an interdisciplinary nature across both the (bio) chemical and (bio)physical sciences and chemical engineering disciplines.
The journal publishes important, very high-quality, agenda-setting research that is of significant general interest to the community-spanning readership.
Energy & Environmental Science`s latest Impact Factor is 9.61 - making it the #1 ranking journal in its ISI subject category.
The journal`s scope is intentionally broad, covering all aspects of energy conversion and storage, alternative fuel technologies, and the science of environmental impacts and mitigation that are related with energy conversion processes such as global atmospheric science, climate change, carbon capture, and environmental catalysis.
Submissions to the journal should be focused mainly on the in-depth applications to energy and environmental systems. Studies with only brief and / or unexceptional demonstration of energy and environmental functions or analysis are unsuitable.
- Solar energy conversion and photovoltaics
- Fuel cells
- Hydrogen storage and (bio) hydrogen production
- Materials for energy systems
- Carbon capture and storage
- Catalysis for a variety of feedstocks (e.g. oil, gas, coal, biomass and synthesis gas)
- Biofuels and biorefineries
- Geochemistry and Geothermal energy
- Global atmospheric chemistry
- Climate change
- Artificial photosynthesis
- Life cycle assessment
- Chemicals from carbon dioxide
- Energy systems and networks
- Nuclear power including fusion technologies
The journal appeals to chemical scientists, chemical and process engineers, energy researchers, bio-scientists and environmental scientists from across academia, industry and government
The journal publishes a full mix of primary articles, Communications, Opinions, Analysis articles and reviews.