Environmental Monitoring and Assessment
- Print ISSN:
Aims and Scope
The journal covers a wide range of pollutants and examines monitoring systems designed to estimate exposure both at the individual and population levels. The journal also focuses on the development of monitoring systems related to the management of various renewable natural resources in, for instance, agriculture, fisheries and forests.
The scope of the journal extends to the use of monitoring in pollution assessment, and particular emphasis is given to the synthesis of monitoring data with toxicological, epidemiological and health data, as well as with pre-market screening results.
The journal also includes research and monitoring systems that help assess anthropogenic impacts on natural resources and the environment from numerous activities, such as harvesting, development, and land use changes. Geographic information system analyses and remote sensing studies relating such activities to land cover changes that affect, e.g. biodiversity and global climate change are also within the purview of the journal.
Examples of specific areas of interest are:
- The design and development of single medium and multimedia monitoring systems, sampling techniques, optimization of monitoring networks, data handling, quality and assurance procedures, operational costs.
- The scientific basis for monitoring: scaling methods, the use of biological indicators, dynamic and commitment models, pollution indices, etc.
- Exposure assessment: the development of monitoring systems which allow direct or indirect estimates of pollutant exposure to critical receptors.
- Methods and procedures of pollution risk assessment, relating to sources, pathways of exposure, trends in time and space, anticipatory systems, evaluation of environmental quality and of management practice.
- Monitoring systems designed to detect changes in land use patterns.
G. Bruce Wiersma
College of Natural Resources, Forestry, and Agriculture, University of Maine, USA
Articles Available Pay per View
No online subscription? Access to your article of choice is just steps away.
SpringerOnline now provides you with the option to view individual articles even if you do not have access to a full online subscription. Pay-per-view allows you to access and download the article(s) of your choice for a minimal charge.
For information regarding subscription rates please contact the Springer Customer Services:
- CALL: +49- (0) 6221-345-0
- FAX: +49 (0)6221-345-4229
- E-MAIL (books): SAGemail@example.com
- E-MAIL (journals): SAGfirstname.lastname@example.org
Customers in the Americas:
- Call toll free 1-800-SPRINGER (8:30 am-5:30 pm ET)
- E-MAIL: email@example.com
SpringerOnline Journals Archives
Bringing Yesterday’s Masters to Today’s Minds
Springer expands the realm of scientific research through the Online Journals Archive package. Scientists and researchers can access over a century of scientific evolution and complete historical information. Springer has created a comprehensive body of scientific, medical and technical research documentation accessible to scientists, researchers and other professionals. We will offer approximately 1,200 journals starting in 2005 by adding all content formerly published by Kluwer, as well as, all content from Volume I, Issue 1, where available, from both the former Springer-Verlag and Kluwer.