Journal of Fire Protection Engineering
- Print ISSN:
Each issue contains in-depth articles by both researchers and practitioners on advances in the following key engineering areas:
- Fire behavior modeling (calculating the behavior of flames and smoke in enclosed spaces and in the open)
- Fire impact modeling (calculating the impact of flames and smoke both on occupants and on the built environment, including structural effects)
- Fire detection modeling (calculating the response and reliability of detection devices)
- Fire protection modeling (evaluating the effectiveness of flame/smoke control with various engineering strategies, including techniques to predict how area flooding, sprinkler activation, smoke venting and compartmentation control a fire)
- Reliability of fixed fire protection, including corrosion control and maintenance strategies
- Approximate or simplified engineering calculations of fire behavior, fire impact, fire detection and fire protection.
- Occupant behavior modeling (predicting the behavior of occupants during a fire, including evacuation response time and occupant response to visual and audio alarms and signage).
- Characterization of fire and occupant scenarios for engineering analysis
- Engineering risk analysis and risk evaluation of fire scenarios in terms of life safety, property cost, business interruption and environmental damage
- Case studies of performance-based fire safety design and assessment
- Procedures for obtaining engineering data from test methods (e.g., fire behavior data from tests on combustible materials; fire impact data from tests on structural elements; fire protection data from tests of fire interactions with control measures, occupant behavior data from occupant surveys or evacuation drills)
- Interpretation of data from realistic or full-scale fire tests or post-fire surveys
- Literature surveys and book reviews covering the preceding topics
Information provided in articles generally is based on documented research or design activity, and when appropriate, well illustrated by photographs, diagrams and charts. New developments from around the world are published in a form that allows for immediate application to engineering problem solving.
Pricing and Subscription Information
Institutional Subscription, Combined (Print & E-access) £315.00
Institutional Subscription & Backfile Lease, Combined Plus Backfile (Current Volume Print & All Online Content) £347.00
Institutional Subscription, E-access £284.00
Institutional Subscription & Backfile Lease, E-access Plus Backfile (All Online Content) £316.00
Institutional Backfile Purchase, E-access (Content through 1999) £284.00
Institutional Subscription, Print Only £309.00
Institutional, Single Print Issue £85.00
To purchase a non-standard subscription or a back issue, please contact SAGE Customer Services for availability.