Over 250 delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The congress will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers from around the world.
Sessions will focus on:
- Impact of disposal fees to the car industry (“cash for clunkers”)
- How to stay green in tough times
- ELV recycling reports of Asian, US and European authorities and NGOs
- How do car manufacturers close the recycling loop?
- Is law enforcement needed to create a level playing field among the recyclers?
- Solutions for shredder fluff: What‘s the best available technology?
- Waste to energy solutions
- Technology innovation in plastics recycling
- Special session on scrapping of military vehicles
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
The congress is also offering various plant tours, such as a car manufacturing plant, a car shredder and shredder fluff recycling plant, a clean up of the largest Swiss hazardous landfill and an electronics and plastics recycling plant.
The organisers have launched a call for papers and invite interested authors to submit their proposal before 30 September 2009.