For 2009, the 12th International Riversymposium will be held concurrently with the 7th IWA World Congress on Water Reclamation and Reuse, both using the Brisbane Exhibition and Convention Centre. A joint opening session on Monday 21 September will launch both events and delegates will have access to a common exhibition and catering area with the opportunity to attend networking functions.
Keynote speakers for 2009 include
- Phil Anthony, Director, Orange County Water District, California, USA
- Professor Charles Vorosmarty, Director of the City University of New York's Environmental Cross-Roads Initiative
- Jonathon Kaledin, Director of The Nature Conservancy's Blue Water Certification Program
- Mike Muller, Visiting Professor at the Wits University Graduate School of Public and Development Management
Case studies to be presented include
- The Han River, Korea - Dr Sung Kim, Director of Sustainable Water Resources Research Centre
- The Amur River, Russia - Dr Yury Darman, Ph.D. Director, WWF-Russia, Amur Branch
- The Rhine River, Germany - Anne Schulte- Wülwer-Leidig, Deputy Secretary, International Commission for Protection of the Rhine River
Approximately 150 presentations will be delivered over the 4 days.