WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/12 -- In two weeks, The Food Safety Summit will commence at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center.
- Show Floor: Several leading industry companies will offer education sessions in the Exhibit Showcase Theaters. Gold Sponsor is Siemens Industry, Silver Sponsor is Covance Laboratories and Bronze Sponsor is Alchemy Systems.
- Featured Keynote Presenter: Oscar Garrison, Division Director, Consumer Protection, Georgia Dept. of Agriculture; President, Association of Food & Drug Officials, will deliver the keynote address on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10 am.
- Three Certification Programs:
- ServSafe® Training and Certification
- Industry-Foodborne Illness Investigation Training (I-FIIT):
- HACCP Certification and Training
- Town Hall with USDA and FDA: FDA's Mike Taylor and USDA's Elisabeth Hagen MD will host a Town Hall discussion at the Food Safety Summit on Thursday, April 19 from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm.
- Awards Programs - NSF will present the 2012 Food Safety Leadership Awards. The 2012 Food Quality Awards Presentation will be presented, sponsored by DuPont Qualicon.
Monday, April 16
Three full day certification programs: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Tuesday, April 17
Half Day Workshops: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00pm - 5:00 pm
Opening Night Reception on Exhibit Floor: 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Wednesday, April 18
Educational Sessions: 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 am and 2:30 - 5:45 p.m.
Keynote Address & NSF Food Safety Leadership Awards - 10:00 - 11:00 am
Exhibit Floor Hours: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Exhibit Showcase Theaters: 8:30 am - 4:45 pm
Food Quality Awards Reception (Sponsored by DuPont): 5:45 pm - 7pm
Thursday, April 19
Networking Breakfast: 7:30 am - 8:30 am
Exhibit Showcase Theaters: 8:45 am - 10:30 am
Education Sessions: 9:45 am - 11:15 am
Town Hall with USDA and FDA - 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Lunch to Go: 1:00 pm
Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mt. Vernon Place NW, Washington
About the Food Safety Summit
The 14th annual Food Safety Summit will be held Tuesday, April 17 through Thursday, April 19, 2012 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. For more information, call 847/405-4124 or visit www.foodsafetysummit.com. Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/FoodSafetySumit
To register for Press Credentials click here