The 14th International Automobile Recycling Congress IARC 2014 organised by ICM AG will be held from March 19 – 21, 2014 in the Hotel Dolce la Hulpe Brussels in charming Brussels, Belgium.
Delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The congress will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers. We expect over 250 industry leaders from all over the world.
Sessions will focus on:
· How do car manufacturers and the industry close the recycling loop?
· New cars and new recycling technologies
· Best available recycling technologies
· European ELV Directive towards 2015
· E-mobility – Influence on car recycling and dismantling
· Reports about illegal export of wrecks
· Rare earth recycling – what does it mean for the car industry
· Sustainability benefits of car recycling
· Effect of durable raw materials low prices on ELV recycling
· Tyre recycling
· Economic impact of the reduced availability of car bodies for shredder companies
· Implementing new laws and regulations
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
Participants will also have the opportunity to make a test drive in a BMW i3 car.
The congress is also offering interesting plant tours in the vicinity of Brussels to the following leading companies:
• Groupe Comet
• Toyota Motor Manufacturing France
For more information, please contact us.