The 15th International Automobile Recycling Congress IARC 2015 organised by ICM AG will be held from March 25 – 27, 2015 in the Hotel Palace in beautiful Berlin, Germany.
Delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The conference will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers from around the world.
Over 250 industry leaders from all over the world will be expected.
Topics of the conference:
- The role of the automotive industry in the context of ELV recycling
- Green Circular Economy & Resource Efficiency
- Environmental protection – Driving innovation
- Results of the Fitness Check
- Update on new laws and regulations
- How do car manufacturers and the recycling industry close the recycling loop?
- New cars and new recycling technologies
- Reports on Asian, US and European car manufacturers
- Best available recycling technologies
- Next generation recycling processes and equipment
- European ELV Directive towards 2015
- E-mobility: Its influence on car recycling and dismantling
- Reports about illegal treatment and exports
- Effect of durable raw materials' low prices on ELV recycling
- Catalyst recycling: News from the car and recycling industries
The conference program includes also tool box and company spotlight talks.
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, colleagues and competitors. The conference is also organizing plant tours to leading recycling companies and various workshops. Volkswagen is offering test drives with their e-cars.
The organizers have launched a call for papers and invite interested authors to submit their proposal before September 30, 2014.
ICM is an international leader in the organisation of conferences specialising in the fields of recycling cars, electronics and batteries. These waste streams have been among the world's fastest growing commodity markets for years.
ICM AG is a Swiss company which has organised conferences in Europe, North America and Asia since the year 2000. The company was founded by Jeanette Duttlinger and her team consists of 12 employees who speak German, English, Spanish, French and Chinese.