The 15th International Automobile Recycling Congress IARC 2015 organised by ICM AG will be held from March 25 – 27, 2015 in the Hotel Palace in Berlin, Germany.
Delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The conference will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers from all over the world.
Over 250 international industry leaders will be expected.
The main topics are:
- How do car manufacturers and the recycling industry close the recycling loop?
- The role of the automotive industry in the context of ELV recycling
- New car design
- Best available recycling technologies
- Reports on Asian, US and European car manufacturers
- Next generation recycling processes and equipment
- European ELV Directive towards 2015
- E-mobility: Its influence on car recycling and dismantling
- Recycling challenges of new automotive materials: Nickel metal hydride, lithium-ion batteries, carbon fibres, glass, lamps, catalysts
The opening of the conference will be made by two excellent keynote speakers:
- Erik Jonnaert, Secretary General of the European Automobile Manufacturers' Association (ACEA) will focus his speech on “The role of the automotive industry in the context of ELV recycling”.
- Wolfram Thomas, Group Chief Officer for Environment, Energy and New Business Areas of Volkswagen AG will talk about “Environmental protection – Driving innovation”.
The conference program includes also tool box and company spotlight talks.
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, colleagues and competitors. Volkswagen is offering test drives with their e-Golf and e-up!.
Participants of the IARC 2015 will have the exclusive chance to visit the following leading plants on March 27, 2015:
- BMW, Leipzig (car manufacturing plant)
- SRW metalfloat – Scholz Recycling, Espenhain (post-shredder technology plant)
- TSR Recycling, Brandenburg (ferrous metal recycling plant)
IARC 2015 - Download Congress Brochure
ICM AG is an international leader in the organisation of conferences specialising in the fields of recycling cars, electronics and batteries. These waste streams have been among the world's fastest growing commodity markets for years.
ICM is a Swiss company which has organised conferences in Europe, North America and Asia since the year 2000. The company was founded by Jeanette Duttlinger and her team consists of 15 employees who speak German, English, Spanish, Italian, French, Finnish and Chinese.