The 16th International Electronics Recycling Congress IERC 2017 will take place from January 17 – 20, 2017 in Salzburg, Austria.
IERC 2017 is the recycling industry’s most important event, bringing together over 500 international experts: producers, recyclers, equipment manufacturers, recycling associations, standards bodies, refurbishers, NGOs, regulators and many more.
- Challenges of the Circular Economy
- Worldwide take-back schemes, quotas and challenges faced by OEMs
- Reuse & refurbishment
- Best available recycling technologies
- Recycling of precious and strategic metals
- Staying profitable as products and markets change
- Supply chain transparency
- How do countries and electronics manufacturing companies close the recycling loop?
- Which standards, compliance regulations and controls support or fail the industry?
- Business opportunities and models in emerging markets
- Recycling of hazardous components such as batteries, lamps, LCDs, mercury, etc.
- Safety standards for transportation
The program includes also Tool Box Talks and a Podium Discussion on “Transboundary Movement of Waste – Helping or Hindering the Development of a Circular Economy?”
A large exhibition area with over 60 booths provides the perfect opportunity to reach key industry decision makers and to find out what’s new in the global electronics recycling business. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner 'Wednesday Night Fever' create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
The following powerful Keynote Speakers will inform and inspire:
- Dr Mike Biddle, Managing Director at Evok Innovations, USA & Founder and Director of MBA Polymers, USA
- Magnus Gislev, European Commission, Belgium
Furthermore, the conference is offering two interesting workshops:
- “Implementing a R2, e-Stewards or WEEELABEX Management System and Getting it Certified”
- “Lithium Batteries Transport & Safety Issues”
and the following plant tours:
- EREMA Engineering Recycling Maschinen und Anlagen GmbH, Ansfelden
- Montanwerke Brixlegg AG, Brixlegg
- Müller-Guttenbrunn, Metran and MBA Polymers, Amstetten/Kematen