We are pleased to invite you to join us in Xiamen, China on June 19-21, 2007, for the 2007 International Symposium on Kenaf and Allied Fibers.
Kenaf and allied natural fibers (jute, ramie, flax, and hemp) provide solutions to the search of renewable resources and ways for environmental protection. Increasing interest from around the world has been observed in exploring the opportunities of using natural fibers in diverse industrial sectors. Progress has been made in developing new technologies and market for natural fiber-derived products in recent years, especially since the 2003 International Symposium in Beijing, China. Exchange of knowledge and expertise will help to bridge and build the industry, and benefit the stakeholders worldwide.
This Symposium will focus on the following areas:
· the latest R&D of natural fiber products in paper and pulp, textile, automobile, construction, packaging, animal feed and environmental cleaner, etc.
· natural fibers as a rich cellulose resource for renewable energy.
· cultivation practice, harvesting and processing, mechanization, storage, new variety development, and biotechnology applications.
· natural fiber supply, quality standard, and marketing.
· new technology and investment opportunities
· international collaboration, and poverty alleviation.
· promotion of environmentally sounds products and policy.
Please mark your calendar for this international event on natural fiber development. It is a great opportunity to meet with experts and friends and explore potential collaborations and business partnerships. The Symposium also features Product Show, Partnership Program, and tour programs.