The American Water Works Association (AWWA) announced today the publication of the 2010 AWWA Water Utility Compensation Survey. Now in its 15th year, the survey continues to provide the most extensive study of salaries, salary ranges and compensation practices in the water utility industry.
For the first time, the 2010 survey is available in two versions to more accurately reflect competitive labor markets: small and medium-sized utilities with less than 100,000 customers, and large utilities with more than 100,000 customers. The survey includes information from 544 utilities who supplied data for nearly 13,000 employees. The information presented in the report is effective as of June 1, 2010.
Important highlights of the survey include:
- Salaries for 45 water and wastewater utility positions, from top executive to entry-level operator.
- Salary data are organized by type of ownership or management, population size, average gallons managed, and total number of employees.
- Minimum, mid-range, and maximum salaries are given for each position, as well as 50th percentile, company weighted average pay, and employee weighted average pay.
- Job descriptions are provided for each position, for comparison among similar jobs with different titles.
- Salary data is summarized for all participants, water-only participants, and water and wastewater participants.
The 2010 AWWA Water Utility Compensation Survey is available in both CD-ROM and print format in AWWA’s online bookstore at http://www.awwa.org/bookstore.