3E Company, a leading provider of environmental health and safety (EH&S) compliance and information management services, today announced the availability of new capabilities within 3E Online — MSDS designed to support conformance with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) and Classification Labelling and Packaging (CLP) initiatives. The introduction of the new enhancements augments 3E Company’s existing suite of proven GHS solutions and further strengthens the Company’s commitment to innovation in the field of GHS compliance.
As national regulatory authorities around the world implement GHS (or CLP in Europe), 3E Company has introduced multiple new features and functionality to ease the burden of conformance. The new GHS and CLP tools within 3E Online provide support for downstream GHS classification and labeling requirements worldwide, reducing the time and resources necessary for effective compliance management. The new capabilities include access to specialized resources within 3E Company’s established Safety Data Sheet (SDS) obtainment program and the ability to extract GHS information from SDSs. Once GHS compliant SDSs have been obtained and GHS data elements have been extracted, relevant information is loaded into 3E Online for access through a variety of new features, including:
- GHS Labels – label creation for containers and for replacing damaged labels. GHS information is pre-populated into these templates based on the data provided by 3E.
- GHS Classification and Labeling Reports – enable users to track which SDSs have been updated with GHS information.
- GHS Regulatory Reports – help users globally manage and identify product CAS numbers on various national GHS classification and regulatory lists.
- GHS System Enhancements – an updated Product Summary Sheet centralizes essential product data, and a central Classification page provides access to all available classifications.
Users can also augment the new standard features with the Revision Alert Module, which provides users with a weekly notification email message identifying SDSs that have been updated with new or modified GHS information from the previous week. In addition, customers can also access GHS data using SAP EHS Management via 3E Company’s Ariel Data Manager™ (ADM) - VMSDS, a powerful data management solution that helps SAP users globally manage their vendors’ inbound Material Safety Data Sheets (VMSDSs) within the SAP EHSM platform.
“3E has extensive experience developing and implementing proven solutions for GHS, and we are very proud of the breadth and quality of our GHS support, enriched by the vast number of GHS projects that we have spearheaded in recent years,” said Tamie Webber, director of product management, 3E Company. “This hands-on experience contributes to a comprehensive and optimized suite of GHS solutions and facilitates compliant MSDS management.”
The new GHS/CLP features are available now for customers using 3E Online-MSDS Gold and Platinum.
3E Company continues to grow its overall GHS compliance data practice with additional GHS related services and solutions, including the following:
- The Ariel WebInsight online chemical regulatory compliance reference tool, which provides quick access to official GHS classifications.
- The Ariel Data Manager (ADM) integrated content tool, which feeds chemical regulatory data into standard ERP platforms, such as SAP EHSM, as well as various other corporate EH&S systems. GHS support includes GHS data, GHS classification and labeling rules (country specific implementations), rules and templates for MSDS, and multi-lingual GHS phrases.
- A broad suite of GHS-related outsourced services, including Ariel MSDS Authoring & Professional Services, which can be tailored to a company’s needs. 3E Company can provide GHS classification of substances and mixtures as a separate service and/or as part of MSDSs and label authoring for companies that want GHS classification. 3E Company can also author MSDSs in compliance with GHS requirements for the country or region that has adopted GHS.
- The 3E MSDS Hosting and Push Distribution system supports the distribution of new GHS formatted MSDSs to customers.
- The MSDgen MSDS authoring system, which uses Ariel regulatory data as the basis for automatically computing the GHS classification for any product based on its formulation. The expert rules system within MSDgen is then used to automatically assign the phrase content in more than 40 languages to all MSDS and Label sections based on the GHS classification. Numerous stock MSDS and Label formats are provided with the standard MSDgen system including country-specific GHS adaptations for several countries.
About 3E Company
3E Company, a subsidiary of Verisk Analytics, offers a comprehensive suite of services for environmental health and safety (EH&S) compliance management. This suite of services addresses the entire chemical life cycle and includes regulatory research; MSDS authoring, distribution, and management; transportation; emergency response; training; regulatory reporting; and hazardous waste management. 3E provides an industry-leading combination of a 24/7/365 EH&S mission control call center and the world’s premier hazardous substance database of global regulatory and compliance information. More than 5,000 customers work with 3E, including Costco Wholesale Corporation, US Airways, Eastman Chemical, Shell, Temple-Inland, and Menasha. 3E Company’s products and services received two 2010 Occupational Health & Safety product of the year awards for best in MSDS management and best in EH&S software. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Carlsbad, California, with additional operations in Canton, Ohio; Bethesda, Maryland; Kingsport, Tennessee; Montreal, Quebec; and Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information on 3E Company, visit www.3ecompany.com.