3E Company, a leading provider of environmental health and safety (EH&S) compliance and information management services, today announced that it has received a Business Achievement Award from the Environmental Business Journal (EBJ) in the information technology category. The company was recognized for continually providing its customers with the highest-quality environmental regulatory information and content to support compliance management across the supply chain. This is the fifth consecutive year that 3E Company has received an EBJ Business Achievement Award.
The company was recognized for introducing and enhancing several product lines in 2010, including the following:
- Green Product Analyzer, which facilitates the development and selection of safer, more environmentally friendly products and offers instant access to the critical information needed to support emerging sustainability initiatives
- Multiple GHS enhancements to the MSDgen Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Authoring System to streamline the development of hazard communication documents for multiple jurisdictions
- C&L Inventory Notification Services to assist manufacturers and importers with classification and labelling requirements and subsequent European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) notification under the European Union’s Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) Regulation
- Ariel Multilingual Exposure Scenario (ES) Phrase Library, which can be used to create the exposure scenarios that will be part of European Safety Data Sheets
- Chemical Approval Module, which helps chemical approval managers effectively manage and control what chemicals enter a given facility
- Ariel Rules Builder, a new application for SAP EHS Management users that facilitates the generation of accurate and reliable MSDS content
The EBJ Business Achievement Awards recognize innovation and value creation in the market. Sponsored by Environmental Business International, which publishes the Environmental Business Journal, the 2010 EBJ Business Achievement Award winners were determined by a committee of EBJ staff and EBJ editorial advisory board members. Criteria for the award included revenue growth, profitability gains, technology innovations, and noteworthy expansions or acquisitions.
'We chose to honor 3E Company because of its ongoing commitment to providing industry-leading, proven, and trusted environmental regulatory compliance solutions and content,” said Grant Ferrier, editor in chief, Environmental Business Journal. “As companies around the globe struggle to identify, track, maintain, and comply with international regulatory guidelines, access to such comprehensive and reliable solutions and content has become mission-critical.”
“We are delighted to have won another EBJ Business Achievement Award,” said Robert S. Christie, CEO and president, 3E Company. “As global business and regulatory environmental requirements grow in volume and complexity, the associated data and processes become more difficult to manage and demand increasingly specialized domain expertise. 3E’s commitment to excellence, when combined with our thought leadership and established data platforms, have positioned us for continued success in 2011.”
The 2010 EBJ awards will be presented in a special ceremony at Environmental Industry Summit IX in Coronado, California, on the evening of March 9, 2011.
About 3E Company
3E Company, a subsidiary of Verisk Analytics, offers a comprehensive suite of services for environmental health and safety (EH&S) compliance management. This suite of services addresses the entire chemical life cycle and includes regulatory research; MSDS authoring, distribution, and management; transportation; emergency response; training; regulatory reporting; and hazardous waste management. 3E provides an industry-leading combination of a 24/7/365 EH&S mission control call center and the world’s premier hazardous substance database of global regulatory and compliance information. More than 5,000 customers work with 3E, including Costco Wholesale Corporation, US Airways, Eastman Chemical, Shell, Temple-Inland, and Menasha. 3E Company’s products and services received two 2010 Occupational Health & Safety product of the year awards for best in MSDS management and best in EH&S software. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Carlsbad, California, with additional operations in Canton, Ohio; Bethesda, Maryland; Kingsport, Tennessee; Montreal, Quebec; and Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information on 3E Company, visit www.3ecompany.com.