A&WMA issues call for abstracts for greenhouse gas measurement symposium
The Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) has issued a call for abstracts for the first international Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Measurement Symposium, to be held March 23-24, 2009, in San Francisco, CA.
The symposium will provide a forum to discuss novel concepts in GHG emission source measurement, measurement-based modeling, and surrogate-monitoring assessment in the context of future compliance, verification, and emission trading strategies.
A&WMA is seeking abstracts and platform presentation topics that include, but are not limited to:
• CH4 emissions from landfills and agricultural operations
• GHG emissions from fugitive and area sources
• CO2 sequestration field monitoring
• Quantification of GHG up-take from soils
• Assessment of whole-site GHG emissions from large industrial facilities
• GHG emissions from small industrial and commercial sources
• Use of surrogates monitoring for estimating GHG emissions
• Integration of GHG experimental and modeling studies
• Measurement related verification requirements for GHG trading markets
• Offset verification and modeling
Abstracts of 300 words or less should be submitted for review by December 5, 2008. Authors will be notified of acceptance by January 16, 2009.
Visit www.awma.org/go/ghgmeasurement09 for more information.
The Air & Waste Management Association is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional organization that provides training, information, and networking opportunities to thousands of environmental professionals in 65 countries. For more information, visit www.awma.org.