ChemDAQ's Steri-Trac detector provides the optimal solution for workplace safety assurance from Peracetic Acid.
What is Peracetic Acid?
As an extremely strong oxidiser widely used for its disinfectant properties, it is essential to provide continuous monitoring for the use of Peracetic acid (PAA) . Potential harmful concentrations of PAA are used in food and beverage filling, packaging and dry storage applications within hospitals, pharmaceutical packaging facilities, food and drink manufacturers, and farming.
Why is it Important to Monitor PAA?
As a chemical PAA has been identified as a primary irritant and studies indicate that it is potentially harmful to workers exposed to it in the workplace. Potential harmful side effects of working with PAA include;
- Severe burning and irritation to the skin, lungs, throat and eyes
- Shock or collapse if ingested
In order to provide a safe work environment, it is recommended that facilities using peracetic acid solution employ continuous monitors to provide an alert to employees if the concentration exceeds safe levels. However, there are very few methods suitable for accurate detection of PAA.
How can you Provide Protection Against PAA?
By installing the ChemDAQ Steri-Trac you can provide protection for personnel against serious health effects associated with exposure to sterilant gases
- Equipped for the detection of toxic gases
- Only fixed detector available in the UK for PPM measurement of PAA.
- Monitoring solutions range from a single area monitor to a multi-point, multi-gas system.
- Remote area detection provides indication of the exposure levels in a room prior to entering
- Sensor exchange program for an easy and immediate swap out of factory calibrated sensors
The ChemDAQ Steri-Trac is available to purchase from a1-cbiss today, as the UK's sole distributor we ensure to be on hand to answer any questions or queries you may have.
Contact one of our sales team on 0151 666 8300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org