Peak Scientific is proud to introduce the 3rd Generation of Nitrogen Supply to your LCMS- the AB-3G.
Specifically designed to operate LCMS Instruments manufactured by Applied Biosystems/ MDS Sciex, the AB-3G produces Nitrogen and Dry Air through 3 independent outputs in the required flow rates, purities and pressures to cater for the requirements of all available Applied Biosystems/ MDS Sciex LCMS Models, including the new API5500.
The AB-3G essentially combines two separate gas generator systems in one unit, with the source and exhaust gases (Dry Air) being generated using one system and the curtain gas (Nitrogen) being generated by the other. The AB-3G utilises proven membrane technology that selectively removes oxygen, moisture and other gases to leave clean, dry, phthalate free Nitrogen and Dry Air.
So what is new?
The AB-3G has been designed with additional compressor capacity. This additional capacity allows the generator to cycle the compressors more frequently, maximising compressor life. In the unlikely event of one compressor failing, the internal control system will alert the user and manage the compressors to maintain a full output flow from the generator. This totally unique feature will allow the user to plan a service or repair visit with Peak Scientific, thus ensuring uninterrupted uptime of your LCMS.
Other new features include:
- Smaller in size – fits under a standard lab bench
- Quieter in operation – noise level reduced from 59 db(A) to 54 db(A)
- Anti- Vibration – maximum reduction of vibration
- Service Indication – allowing you to plan your maintenance and keep your LCMS uptime at a maximum
- Improved Drainage – Reduction of moisture carry over and thus increased reliability
- Stream Re- Heat – improves membrane performance and reliability
- New Control System – improves safety and reliability of units
- Fault Diagnosis – Human- Machine- Interface provides alarm and fault information to assist the user in obtaining help in the unlikely event of a system problem
- Stand By Mode – reduces compressor run time when there is no demand for gas and thus prolongs compressor life
- Fail Safe Protection – 3 internal compressors ensure continuous operation, in the unlikely event of 1 compressor failing
- Minimal Maintenance – 12 month service intervals
To ensure this new generator model, meets Peak Scientific’s high expectations with regards to reliability and performance, Peak Scientific has tested these new models extensively at our manufacturing plant and with end users around the world to ensure reliability and longevity of the systems.
For example Borislav Starcevic, UCLA Olympic Analytical, USA commented about the AB- 3G:
“We had opportunity to test a new model of Peak Scientific Nitrogen generator for the last 6 months in our laboratory. Our laboratory is a busy lab as our instruments work 24/7. In the LCMS department of our laboratory we currently have 5 LC/MS/MS instruments all by AppliedBiosystems/Sciex: and we use nitrogen generators for all of them. We have four NM20ZA models and one N300DR model. The new model was connected to API4000QT which we use for service and for research.In comparison with the older models we found the new one to be less noisy and more reliable. … Overall we were satisfied with the unit and think that it is better than the older ones that we have in our laboratory.”
Applied Biosystems/ MDS Sciex have further approved these products to supply Nitrogen and Dry Air to all of their LCMS Applications.
Peak Gas Generators are unique in that they are simple to install and easy to use. After initial installation and set up, the generator will operate continuously with virtually no operator involvement and optimum performance can be maintained with an annual service visit. Elimination of the purchasing process, storage and movement of cylinders will also significantly reduce the time and costs associated with supplying gas to an LCMS System.