Additional safety for hygienic processes
Liquitrend QMW43 - The compact device for continuous buildup thickness and conductivity measurement
The use of conductive and capacitive measuring devices has a long tradition in the Endress + Hauser group. The idea of using the combination of both signals continuously to provide a leverage to optimize processes like cleaning has now been put into practice. Liquitrend QMW43 reliably measures the product buildup thickness when it occurs in tanks and pipelines. It helps customers to optimize processes, increase plant safety and provides reliable criteria to verify the product quality.
- Universal measuring principle for use in the food and beverage industry
- Reliable and accurate measurement of buildup thickness and conductivity regardless of media type
- Hygienic safety by Design: 3A, FDA, EHEDG and EG1935/2005 conformity, as well as a verifiable surface roughness of Ra < 0.76µm and traceability of the materials used in accordance with EN10204- 3.1 are a matter of course
- Conductive as well as capacitive measuring cycles in one compact measuring device
- Flush-mounted stainless-steel sensor offers the perfect insight into the conditions in pipelines or tanks
- Plug and Play - simple commissioning without presettings
- Easy reading of the measuring signals in the control system
- Integrated digital communication option via IO-Link
- Link to product page
The Liquitrend QMW43 was developed for the food and beverage industry. It can be used to measure liquid or pasty media. Due to the unique use of both conductive and capacitive measuring cycles, the device automatically detects the most accurate measuring mode and uses it automatically. This means that the device can be used without any prior knowledge of the type or strength of the contamination or the medium and without any presettings.
Constant cleaning is of great importance as it guarantees the production of high-quality and hygienic products for the end user. Nevertheless, the required time is often considered as unproductive time. How can it be minimized without risking product safety and lacking documentation? The Liquitrend provides the answer. By evaluating the measurement signals, the plant operator knows whether buildup still adheres in tanks or pipelines and how severe it is.
End consumers expect consistent product quality. This requires comprehensive quality control with regards to appearance, smell, taste, consistency and shelf life of the products. Liquitrend QMW43 determines and monitors the electrical properties of the products continuously. In the control system, limits can thus be set to immediately identify and reject qualitatively differing products. This reduces laboratory measurements without compromising process reliability and product quality.
Both signals of Liquitrend QMW43, conductivity and buildup, can be used to monitor and optimize processes like blending or product changeovers. With seamless transition of the signal between conductive and non- conductive media measurement, the severity of the signal instability can give leverage for blending optimization. Even more, the conductivity signal of the device can always be used to define and monitor product changeovers for example between product and CIP.