AFS Bringing Signature Short Courses to World Filtration Congress 13
If you are familiar with AFS as either a member or a regular program participant, you know that education is a priority for us. Among our chief missions is to facilitate the sharing of information and knowledge. One hallmark of this mission is our well-known selection of short courses at all our conferences, and as WFC13 host, we are bringing this feature to World Filtration Congress.
Our short courses, which kick off the Congress on Monday, April 20, include 10 options that dig into cutting edge innovations in the filtration and separations industry. Opportunities to learn about these topics are difficult to find, especially at this level of expertise. Leading scientific experts and industry veterans in filtration and separations are the course instructors, and access to these professionals is uncommon.
All half-day courses offer.4 CEUs. Detail on all courses can be found here.
Two short courses are taught as full-day, 8-hour classes (with each half-day session awarding .4 CEUs):
- Introduction to Solid/Liquid Separation I and II (Principles and Equipment), presented by Wu Chen, D.Phil., Senior Research Scientist at Dow Chemical Company (Freeport, TX United States); Wenping Li, Ph.D., R&D Manager, Agrilectric Research (Lake Charles, LA United States); and Chris Wallace, B.S., VP Sales, Filtration Technology Corp. (Houston, TX United States)
- Introduction to Air/Gas Filtration I and II, presented by Tim Johnson, B.A., Senior Application Engineer, TSI Incorporated (Shoreview, MN United States) and Thad Ptak, Ph.D., Director of Air Purification Technology, AO Smith (Milwaukee, WI United States)
Morning 4-hour courses include:
- Air Filtration Market and Technologies, presented by Christine Sun, Ph.D., Filtration Technologies International, Clarksville, TN, United States
- 3D Metal Printing in Filter Manufacturing, Neil Burns, M.B.A., Co-founder and Director, Croft Filters Ltd, Warrington, United Kingdom
- Microfiltration Membrane, Scott Yaeger, President, Filtration and Separation Technology LLC, LaPorte, IN, United States
- Filtration & Separation Media Use and Market, presented by Edward Gregor, B.A., of Edward Gregor & Associates, LLC, Indian Land, SC, United States
Lunch is included for all short course participants and is a great time for discussion among colleagues about take-aways from the morning sessions.
Afternoon 4-hour courses include:
- Filter Media Technologies, presented by Christine Sun, Ph.D., Filtration Technologies International, Clarksville, TN, United States
- Ultrafiltration Membrane, Scott Yaeger, President, Filtration and Separation Technology LLC, LaPorte, IN, United States
- Liquid Filtration Testing Basics, presented by Nicolas Petillon, Ph.D., CTO, IFTS, Foulayronnes, France
- Reverse Osmosis System Design, presented by Peter Cartwright, B.S., of Peter Cartwright Consulting, Minneapolis, MN, United States
For details and pricing on all short courses, visit this page of the World Filtration Congress 13 web site.
Early bird registration for WFC13 runs now through January 3, 2020. Register at www.wfc13.com.