SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced a collection of new products that enhance column connections, prolong column life and extend the inert flow path.
'We continually work with customers to help optimize laboratory performance, reliability and efficiency,' said Mike Feeney, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Supplies Division, Chemical Analysis Group. 'These new enhancements solve troublesome issues that have challenged chromatographers for decades. They make it easier than ever to install GC columns, eliminate maintenance hassles and obtain the highest-quality GC results possible.'
With these easy-to-use, leak-free GC column connections supplies, users will see a marked improvement in GC flow-path integrity and experience longer periods of unattended operation. Laboratory personnel of all skill levels can quickly create reliable connections and routinely execute advanced flow-path techniques, such as back-flush, retention gaps and column effluent switching.
The new supplies include:
- A self-tightening column nut, which eliminates the need for retightening after repeated thermal cycles (even after 100 hours at 350C); low torque seal enables easy removal of ferrules.
- UltiMetal Plus-treated metal tubing and parts, which extend inert flow path by applying a deactivation process to stainless steel tubing (1/16', 1/8' and 1/4' ID) and parts, allowing for improved peak shape for active compounds.
- UltiMetal Plus stainless steel capillary guard columns, which extend the life of the column by protecting it from volatile compounds.
- UltiMetal Plus stainless steel transfer lines and capillary tubing, which ensure an inert flow path for connections in the GC system.
- For analysts who prefer glass union connections, the Ultra Inert deactivated press fits provide improved inertness performance.
- Column installation swaging tools for graphite and metal ferrules, which allow chromatographers to easily measure and install columns into GC inlets at consistent lengths, thus providing more reliable results.
- The UltiMetal Plus flexible metal ferrule, which features a novel design that enables leak-free column unions to capillary flow technology devices.
For more information please visit www.agilent.com/chem/betterGCconnections.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.8 billion in fiscal 2013. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
On Sept. 19, 2013, Agilent announced plans to separate into two publicly traded companies through a tax-free spinoff of its electronic measurement business. The new company is named Keysight Technologies, Inc. The separation is expected to be completed in early November 2014.