Berlin -- Introducing the simply revolutionary ALTAIR 2X Gas Detector -- the FIRST portable Gas Detector with innovative XCell® Pulse Technology. With XCell Pulse Technology, a daily bump test can be performed without the need for calibration accessories or bottled calibration gas.
In 2010, MSA launched the new MSA XCell Sensor Technology, first used in the ALTAIR 4X Gas Detector, and later in the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector. Superior stability, accuracy, repeatability and fast response have characterized the MSA XCell sensors since they were first released.
Now, MSA is pleased to launch the ALTAIR 2X platform of Portable Gas Detectors that incorporate the industry-leading XCell Sensor Technology into a single or two gas Detector. This sensor technology provides advanced performance and durability, while minimizing the cost of ownership, and delivering enhanced worker safety, improved compliance and traceability.
Three versions of new ALTAIR 2X are now available:
- ALTAIR 2XP Gas Detector with XCell Pulse Technology allows the first stand-alone bump test which is so easy to do, anyone can do it, from anywhere, without a specific calibration gas.
- ALTAIR 2XT Two-Tox Gas Detector incorporates XCell Two-Tox Sensors that eliminate the need for a second instrument by detecting two gases in a single sensor with virtually no cross interference.
- ALTAIR 2X Single Gas Detector proven XCell Sensor Technology, offering superior stability, response time accuracy and sensor life.
New and enhanced features include:
- No more waiting in line to conduct bump tests! The stand-alone bump test on the ALTAIR 2XP Gas Detector means workers will spend less time at the bump station which means less down time, giving them more time for producing
- A 95 db alarm with red led indicators and vibrating alarm.
- Durability, with an IP67 design and an intrinsically safe construction which survives a 7.6 m drop test
- An easy one-button, gloved-hand operation
- A green LED and a check mark indicator shows that you are bumped and ready to go
- End of sensor life indicator
- A large, high contrast display that shows PPM and visual sensor status
- Three-year warranty
Established in 1914, MSA is the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures. Many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations. The company's comprehensive line of products is used by workers around the world in a broad range of industries, including the fire service, the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, construction, mining and utilities, as well as the military. Principal products include self-contained breathing apparatus, fixed gas and flame detection systems, handheld gas detection instruments, head protection products, fall protection devices and thermal imaging cameras.
MSA, based north of Pittsburgh in Cranberry Township, Pa., has annual sales of approximately $1.2 billion, manufacturing operations in the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America, and 42 international locations.