American Chemistry Council, NYS Chemical Alliance and The Business Council of NYS to Host Policy Forum in Albany on New York´s Energy Future
Event will bring together policy and business leaders to address the importance of natural gas, energy efficiency and energy recovery in New York
WASHINGTON, May 9, 2013 /PR Newswire/ -- The American Chemistry Council (ACC), the New York State Chemical Alliance and The Business Council of New York State, Inc. will host a policy forum later this month with business leaders and public officials from across the state of New York to discuss the importance of natural gas, energy efficiency and energy recovery in New York. Political and business leaders will also address the current political climate and policies that would establish New York as a leader in the new energy economy and the innovations being developed locally that will transform New York's manufacturing industry.
The American Chemistry Council, the New York State Chemical Alliance, The Business Council of New York State, Inc., and featured guests:
- Roger D. Bernstein, Vice President of State Affairs and Grassroots, American Chemistry Council
- Heather C. Briccetti, Esq., President and CEO, The Business Council of New York State, Inc.
- The Honorable Clifford W. Crouch (NY-122), New York State Assembly
- The Honorable Christopher S. Friend (NY-124), New York State Assembly
- Edmund J. McMahon, Senior Fellow, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research and its Empire Center for New York State Policy
- Jon Puc, Director of Energy Efficiency Strategies, North East Energy Efficiency Partnerships
- Darren Suarez, Director of Government Affairs, The Business Council of New York State, Inc.
- Executives from New York companies, including: BASF, JBI, Inc., Praxair, Inc., SABIC, and Waste Management, Inc.
For more event details and panel information, click HERE.
Breakfast, keynote remarks, and panel sessions: 'Transforming New York's Energy Future: Policy, Innovation and Economic Growth'
Tuesday, May 21, 2013, from 8-11 a.m.
The State Room, 142 State Street, Albany, NY 12207
To attend the event, please email RSVPAlbanyEvent@qorvis.com or contact Earl Wells at 518-810-2638.
The American Chemistry Council (ACC) represents the leading companies engaged in the business of chemistry. ACC members apply the science of chemistry to make innovative products and services that make people's lives better, healthier and safer. ACC is committed to improved environmental, health and safety performance through Responsible Care®, common sense advocacy designed to address major public policy issues, and health and environmental research and product testing. The business of chemistry is a $760 billion enterprise and a key element of the nation's economy. It is the largest exporting sector in the U.S., accounting for 12 percent of U.S. exports. Chemistry companies are among the largest investors in research and development. Safety and security have always been primary concerns of ACC members, and they have intensified their efforts, working closely with government agencies to improve security and to defend against any threat to the nation's critical infrastructure.
SOURCE The American Chemistry Council