In April, Enhesa reached an important milestone. Our regulatory experts wrote the 50,000th detailed analysis of our Monitoring service notifying our customers about a variety of EHS regulatory developments impacting them around the world. The journey between the 1st and 50,000th report has been long, but witnessing the changes in regulation has been remarkable.
The first regulatory analysis was written on 15 June 2005, which covered an issue on the IUCLID (International Uniform Chemical Information Database). IUCLID is the electronic data reporting and management tool for data collection and evaluation within the EU-Risk Assessment Programme under the Council Regulation (EEC) 793/93. The 50,000th report was about investigations following reports of degradation in permanent preservation areas (APP) in GOIÁS, Brazil.
In between these reports we have covered a variety of important EHS issues, including:
- the implementation of the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemical substances (REACH) in European Union Member States;
- the strengthening of health and safety laws to ensure the safe use and disposal of hazardous materials in China;
- the implementation of a mandatory greenhouse gas reporting for facilities in the United States;
- the adoption of confined space requirements in Brazil;
- the adoption of mandatory reporting requirements of facilities that manufacture, use, or storage of dangerous substances in Saudi Arabia;
- the clarification of requirements to protect women against sexual harassment in India;
- the adoption and potential linking of emissions trading schemes; and
- efforts by international agencies and governments to encourage reporting and analysis of nanotechnology use.
Enhesa currently monitors EHS regulatory developments in over 190 jurisdictions. Over 10,000 EHS professionals rely on Enhesa every day to provide them with up-to-date regulatory information they need.
Enhesa is a global environmental, health and safety consultancy, providing EHS regulatory compliance assurance support to industry worldwide. Having to identify, understand and assure compliance with a multitude of legal requirements is a fact of doing business in today's global marketplace. Having said that, we realise that this is often easier said than done, which is where we come into the picture. Enhesa has been helping business and industry ensure ongoing compliance for years, and we have developed a range of products and services tailor-made to the needs of our clients. Wherever your business is located, Enhesa's team of highly trained and experienced, multilingual consultants is in a unique position to keep you ahead of the latest regulatory and policy issues as they unfold.