International technology Group ANDRITZ has received an order from Stora Enso to rebuild the fiberline, evaporation plant, recausticizing plant, recovery boiler, and recycled fiber plant at the Varkaus pulp mill, Finland. Start-up is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2015.
The order is part of Stora Ensoʼs project to convert an existing fine paper machine to a containerboard machine as well as to increase capacity and energy efficiency of the pulp mill. The scope of supply includes:
- Conversion of the fiberline to produce high-Kappa unbleached pulp, including modernization of cooking, brown stock washing, and screening systems, as well as delivery of a new blowline and new reject refiners
- Supply of two new evaporator units, replacement of the existing evaporator lamellas in two evaporator units, and installation of a new methanol liquefaction system
- Supply of a new LimeDry lime mud disc filter for the recausticizing plant, which will improve cleanliness and the working environment at the plant
- Rebuild of the complete recycled fiber plant, including modernization of the ANDRITZ FiberFlow drum pulper and coarse screening plant, as well as delivery of a new screw press
- Replacement of the boiler bank tubes in the recovery boiler and installation of a new CNCG-burner (Concentrated Non Condensable Gas)