Dallas,ReportsandReports Announce it Will Carry Anemia - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 Market Research Report in its Store.
Browse the complete Report on: http://www.reportsandreports.com/market-reports/anemia-drug-pipeline-analysis-and-market-forecasts-to-2016/
GlobalData’s pharmaceutical report offering, “Anemia - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016” is an essential source of information and analysis on the global anemia market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global anemia market. The report also provides insight into the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring a significant shift in the positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight into the pipeline products within the global anemia market. GlobalData valued the anemia market in 2009 at $10.4 billion, indicating a Compound Annula Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.5% between 2001 and 2009. The main driver for the growth of the anemia market is the rapid utilization of Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents (ESAs) such as Aranesp (darbepoeitin alfa), Procrit (epoetin alfa), Epogen (epoetin alfa) and Neorecormon (epoetin beta). These therapies are biological in nature and the annual cost of anemia therapy with these drugs ranges between $3,000 and $8,000. GlobalData evaluated the current competition in the anemia market as weak. Though iron deficiency anemia accounts for 40% of the total anemia population, none of the drugs indicated for iron deficiency anemia became a blockbuster. However, the majority of the ESAs that are indicated for selected types of anemia are blockbusters and currently dominate the market.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global anemia market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for seven years to 2016.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US (United States), the UK (United Kingdom), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. The first-in-class molecules are primarily Oral hypoxia-inducible factor prolyl hydroxylase (HIF-PH) inhibitors, transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta inhibitors and transferrin receptor (TfR) targetters.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global anemia market. Key future market players covered are Affymax, Pharmacosmos, Amgen Inc., Hoffmann-La Roche, Chugai - Pharmaceutical Celgene Corporation, Hoffmann-La Roche, and Johnson and Johnson.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for future market associated with the anemia market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global anemia market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global anemia market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global anemia market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.
1 Table of contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 5
2 Anemia Market: Disease Overview 6
2.1 Overview 6
2.1.1 Macrocytic-normochromic anemia 6
2.1.2 Microcytic-hypochromic anemia 6
2.1.3 Normocytic-normochromic anemia 6
2.2 Signs and Symptoms 6
2.3 Diagnosis 7
2.3.1 Physical Exam 7
2.3.2 Diagnostic Tests 7
2.4 Treatment 8
2.4.1 Dietary Changes and Supplements 8
2.4.2 Treatment with Medicines 8
2.4.3 Procedures 8
3 Anemia Market: Market Characterization 10
3.1 Overview 10
3.2 Anemia Market Size 10
3.3 Anemia Market Forecast and CAGR 11
3.4 Drivers and Barriers for Anemia Market 11
3.4.1 Drivers for Anemia Market 11
3.4.2 Restraints for Anemia Market 12
3.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need 12
3.5.1 Impact Analysis of Unmet Needs 13
3.6 Key Takeaway 14
4 Anemia Market: Competitive Assessment 15
4.1 Overview 15
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 15
4.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the Anemia Market 16
4.3.1 Aranesp (darbepoetin alfa) 16
4.3.2 Procrit/Epogen/Eprex (epoetin alfa) 20
4.3.3 Venofer (iron sucrose injection, USP) 24
4.3.4 Mircera (methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta) 27
4.3.5 NeoRecormon (epoetin beta) 30
4.4 Key Takeaway 31
5 Anemia Market: Pipeline Assessment 34
5.1 Overview 34
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 34
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 34
5.3 Anemia – Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 36
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 36
5.4.1 Hematide (peginesatide) 36
5.5 Anemia Market – Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 38
5.6 Anemia Pipeline – Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 38
5.6.1 Anemia – Regulatory Filing and Phase III Clinical Pipeline 39
5.6.2 Anemia – Phase II Clinical Pipeline 40
5.6.3 Anemia – Phase I Clinical Pipeline 40
5.6.4 Anemia – Preclinical Pipeline 41
5.7 Discontinued / Suspended Drugs for Anemia 41
5.8 Key Takeaway 41
6 Anemia Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 42
7 Anemia Market: Future Players in the Anemia Market 43
7.1 Introduction 43
7.2 Affymax 43
7.2.1 Company Overview 43
7.2.2 Financial Performance 43
7.2.3 Anemia Pipeline Drugs 44
7.3 Pharmacosmos 44
7.3.1 Company Overview 44
7.3.2 Major Products and Services 44
7.3.3 Anemia Pipeline Drugs 44
7.4 Amgen Inc 44
7.4.1 Company Overview 44
7.4.2 Business Description 45
7.4.3 Anemia Pipeline Drugs 45
7.5 Celgene Corporation 46
7.5.1 Company Overview 46
7.5.2 Financial Performance 46
7.5.3 Business Description 46
7.5.4 Anemia Pipeline Drugs 47
7.6 Chugai Pharmaceutical 47
7.6.1 Company Overview 47
7.6.2 Financial Performance 47
7.6.3 Business Description 48
7.6.4 Anemia Pipeline Drugs 48
7.7 Hoffmann-La Roche 48
7.7.1 Company Overview 48
7.7.2 Business Description 49
7.7.3 Anemia Pipeline Drugs 49
7.8 Johnson & Johnson 49
7.8.1 Company Overview 49
7.8.2 Financial Performance 50
7.8.3 Business Description 50
7.8.4 Anemia Pipeline Drugs 51
8 Anemia Market: Appendix 52
8.1 Definitions 52
8.2 Acronyms 52
8.3 Research Methodology 53
8.3.1 Coverage 53
8.3.2 Secondary Research 54
8.3.3 Forecasting 54
8.3.4 Primary Research 57
8.3.5 Expert Panel validation 57
8.4 Contact Us 57
8.5 Disclaimer 57
8.6 Sources 58
Related Reports:Herpes Simplex - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016
ReportsandReports comprises an online library of 10,000 reports, in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets, and 25 industry specific websites. Our client list boasts almost all well-known publishers of such reports across the globe. We as a third-party reseller of market research reports employ a number of marketing tools, such as press releases, email-marketing and effective search-engine optimization techniques to drive revenues for our clients. We also provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
7557 Rambler road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231