The National Association of Development Organizations is pleased to launch the 2016 NADO Photo Contest, taking place August 19 – September 16, 2016. The contest is an opportunity for our member organizations to tell the story of their regions through images that capture the people and places that make their communities wonderful places to live, work, and play. Last year saw 27 member organizations submit over 120 images!
Photos submitted by staff from our member organizations will be judged in four categories: Building Vibrant Places, Strengthening the Built and Natural Environments, Investing in our Regional Economy, and Sustaining our Communities. Winners and runners-up will be decided in these four categories, as well as a “People’s Choice” winner that will be selected by public votes through our Facebook page.
We’re looking for creative, engaging, and exciting photos that showcase your region in the following categories:
- Building Vibrant Places
Creative Communities – Arts/Culture
- Strengthening the Built and Natural Environments
Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency Projects
- Investing in our Regional Economy
Small Business Support
Economic Diversification Strategies
Local Food Systems
- Sustaining our Communities
Health and Human Services
Aging in Place / Seniors
All photos submitted will be shown in a slide show at the Annual Training Conference in San Antonio (October 15-18) and may be used in NADO and NADO Research Foundation publications and on the NADO website and social media platforms.
– The photo contest is open from August 19 to September 16, 2016 (closing at 11:59 PM Pacific)
– The contest is open only to NADO member organizations
– Each NADO member organization can submit up to 2 photos per category, for a maximum of 8 photos
– Photos must have been taken within the past two years and not previously submitted to the NADO Photo Contest
– Photos must have been taken by NADO member organization staff
– NADO member organizations must receive consent from identifiable persons in photos, if applicable
How to Submit Photos:
– All photos must be submitted digitally and accompanied by an entry form (click here)
– Photos from both digital cameras and high-resolution smart phones will be accepted
– E-mail your photos and entry form to NADO Research Foundation Program Manager Brett Schwartz at email@example.com. In the subject line, write “NADO Photo Contest Submission – [YOUR ORGANIZATION].” If the files are too big, you can opt to submit via DropBox to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– You should receive a confirmation of receipt within five business days of your submission
Judging and Prizes:
Photos will be judged on creativity, composition, impression, and overall artistic merit as it relates to each category.
Winning organizations in each of the four categories as well as the People’s Choice will each receive a $100 AMEX gift card.