WEST WARWICK, RI -- (Marketwire) -- 03/23/12 -- Arpin Group has completed a $2 million yearlong renovation project this month to expand its U.S.-based world headquarters and transform it into a first-rate 'green' facility.
'These renovations will not only provide a better workspace for our employees, but will also help us reduce our carbon footprint thanks to many 'green' technology upgrades,' said Bob Sullivan, Senior Vice President of Arpin Group. 'We are very proud of our new headquarters and it will serve us for many years to come.'
The building, which is home to 121 Arpin Group employees, received many upgrades and improvements designed to make it environmentally friendly, enhance workflow efficiency and increase workplace comfort.
The project has added 2,834 square feet to the building, including a new media room, an expanded lobby, and a new corridor connecting the office building and warehouse on two levels. Other enhancements include:
- Solar array, containing 912 solar modules, which provides 40 percent of the building's electrical power.
- New roofing on the office building and warehouse with highly reflective membrane that reduces heat gain.
- New insulated solar reflective windows that prevent heat gain while letting in more natural daylight. Skylights are also fitted with this special glass.
- New energy-efficient rooftop package HVAC units with full economizer function.
- Radiant heating in new connector to minimize drafts between connected buildings.
- Occupancy sensors to control lighting.
- All new flooring made from 'green' materials.
- New furniture workstations made from recycled content.
Significant upgrades to the communication architecture include:
- IP convergence (voice, video and data).
- Increased Internet and site-to-site bandwidth.
- Updated Cisco Unified Communications Manager telephone system.
- Upgraded data center storage and software.
- Upgraded e-mail system.
Arpin Group's new world headquarters will be officially dedicated in a private ceremony to be held on April 4th.
About Arpin Group, Inc.:
Arpin Group, Inc. is the holding company for Arpin Van Lines, Arpin International Group, Creative Storage Solutions, Arpin Renewable Energy, and Arpin Broadcast Network, LLC. Headquartered in West Warwick, R.I., Arpin Group is an industry leader in household goods moving and storage for corporate, private, government, and military customers. For more information, visit http://www.arpingroup.com.