DALLAS -- Key Facts
- 25 percent of the plastic in the external housing of the Motorola P793 Back-Up Battery Charger is made from recycled post-consumer water-cooler bottles.
- The Back-up Battery Charger shuts itself off automatically once fully charged, reducing wasted energy.
- The Back-up Battery Charger is a portable back-up power accessory that is compatible with all USB devices by major manufacturers.
- In 2010, AT&T* launched the ZERO Charger which switches itself off to save energy.
In an ongoing effort to introduce more sustainable devices and accessories, AT&T is proud to introduce the Motorola P793 Back-Up Battery Charger, a portable back-up battery charger from Motorola that provides extra power to customers on the go. The Back-up Battery Charger is compatible with all USB devices by major manufacturers and is the first Motorola Mobility power product or accessory built using 25 percent post-consumer recycled content plastic. Dual ports allow users to rapidly charge two electronic devices at the same time. Small and lightweight, the device shuts off automatically once fully charged and can provide up to five hours of additional talk time.
Statistics for the Motorola P793 Back-Up Battery Charger device include:
- 25 percent of the plastic in the external housing is made from recycled water-cooler bottles.
- Free of brominated flame retardants, polyvinyl chloride and phthalates.
- First product certified CarbonFree® by CarbonFund.org that is being sold by AT&T. Sufficient carbon offsets were purchased to offset the carbon emissions demonstrated by a lifecycle analysis to be required for the manufacturing, transport, use and end-of-life phases of the device.
AT&T's Environmental Sustainability Initiatives
- Recently, AT&T announced plans to introduce new plastic in AT&T-branded accessory packaging, which is comprised of up to 30 percent plant-based materials sourced from ethanol harvested from natural sugarcane.
- Also in 2010, AT&T introduced the ZERO Charger which automatically senses when a mobile device is not plugged in to the charger and cuts the power supply from the wall socket.
- AT&T also launched the Samsung Evergreen in 2010, a quick messaging device constructed with 70 percent recycled post-consumer plastics, which recently earned Platinum Certification from UL Environment -- a leading global science company for meeting UL Environment's high Sustainable Product Certification standard.
- AT&T collected more than 3.7 million cell phones for reuse and recycling and more than 1.8 million pounds of cell phone batteries and accessories in 2010. AT&T offers customers simple, convenient ways to donate old cell phones and accessories: drop-off bins in more than 2,000 company-owned retail stores; free, prepaid mailing envelopes available in the stores; and postage-paid mailing labels available via our web site at AT&T Reuse & Recycle
AT&T is committed to integrating sustainable business practices across its business and was included in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI) for the second year in a row and was added to Corporate Responsibility Magazine's 12th Annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens List. Visit www.att.com/csr to learn more about sustainability at AT&T and to download the 2010 AT&T Sustainability Report.
'We're pleased to expand our portfolio of products with the Back-Up Battery Charger,' said Michael Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. 'We're passionate about providing quality options to customers as part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability.'
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates -- AT&T operating companies -- are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.