The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Indian Energy, the DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's Tribal Energy Program, and the Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) will present the next Tribal Renewable Energy Series webinar, 'Renewable Energy Market Expectations and Trends,' on Wednesday, August 28, 2013, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
“There are many factors that will drive the growth of the renewable energy market and influence the pace of that growth,” said Randy Manion, Renewable Energy Program Manager at WAPA. “Among them are growing awareness of the many benefits associated with a low-carbon economy, concerns about energy security, and availability of government support and financial incentives.”
This webinar will examine how these factors, along with emerging technologies and applications, may impact the future market. Participants will also hear about current trends in the compliance and voluntary markets, including what options are available for procuring renewable energy, what claims can be made with each type of purchase, and how Tribes can operate in renewable energy certificate markets, either as buyers or sellers.
- Nathan Dexter, Acting Program Manager, DOE's Office of Indian Energy
- Todd Foley, Senior Vice President, American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE)
- Jenny Heeter, Renewable Energy Analyst, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Clarence Lyons, Project Manager, Electric Power Research Institute
- Randy Manion, Renewable Energy Program Manager, WAPA (session chair)
There is no charge to attend, but registration is required.
Learn about other webinars in the series.