AZUD filtration systems in the Universal Exposition EXPO MILANO 2015
AZUD implements an advanced filtration solution to the treatment of the water used in the pavilions of the 141 participant countries.
EXPO MILAN 15 opened its doors the 1st of May and, during the 6 months of the exposition, it will be expected to welcome over 20 million visitors to its 1.1 million square meters of exhibition area.
To guarantee the quality of supply water, it has been selected one AZUD HELIX AUTOMATIC system with capacity to filter 2.200 m3/h. Thanks to its installation, the volume of solids in the system is dramatically reduced, producing:
- Reduction of energy costs: The heat transference rate keeps constant along the time.
- Less frequency and intensity of the maintenance labours.
- Less environmental impact, using less chemical products, thanks to the less microorganism proliferation.
- Protection of the system due to lack of particles with clogging capacity.
In 2010, the Engineering Department designed the most suitable solution to give answer to the following requirements:
- Guarantee of filtration quality with variable working conditions, thanks to MG discs, designed and patented by AZUD.
- Fully autonomous system. AZUD HELIX AUTOMATIC system guarantee a highly effective self-cleaning process.
- Minimum volume of water used.
- High performance with low pressure values.
- Minimum hydraulic interaction.
- Small footprint.
Details of the system
- Model: System of different AZUD HELIX AUTOMATIC 4 DC12 equipment.
- Filtration degree: 100 micron.
- Units: 7
- Working: Fully autonomous.
- Flow: 2.200 m3/h
- Construction Company: BILFINGER SIELV