Students applying to Cranfield University for 2013/14 are invited to apply for a unique global Fellowship programme led by the Ellen MacArthur and Schmidt Family Foundations. The Fellowship will develop a new generation of business leaders equipped with the tools and innovative thinking to map out a resource efficient world economy.
Ellen MacArthur said: “This partnership is built on creativity, innovation, opportunities and involves the world's most forward-thinking universities. We are thrilled to launch this programme, and are convinced it will play a key role in helping rethink the future.'
Cranfield University, Imperial College London and the London Business School form the core partners which, working with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, have developed the Fellowship programme, in response to growing interest around the circular economy.
Students and academics mentors from partner universities around the world will take part in a London summer school in June 2013 before starting their postgraduate course in October 2013 that will include a circular economy thesis project in the 13/14 academic year. Fellows will also explore new concepts and discuss their implementation with the Foundation’s Circular Economy 100 – a business alliance sharing best practice on the circular economy.
With a strong history of world-class innovation in the practicalities of creative design, environmental engineering and business management, Cranfield is the ideal choice for evolving your own ideas on the circular economy. Cranfield applicants for the scheme will benefit from a fully funded Cranfield bursary to cover fees, and an additional £2k bursary from the Ellen MacArthur Foundation.
The deadline for applications is 16 April so apply today! Application is via the Ellen MacArthur Foundation website where there is detailed information on the Fellowship and the circular economy. Please note you will need to:
- Have a confirmed and accepted place on a relevant Cranfield course
- Provide evidence of the support of an academic mentor at Cranfield
- MDes Innovation and Creativity in Industry
- MDes Design and Innovation for Sustainability
- MSc Community Water and Sanitation
- MSc Economics for Natural Resource and Environmental Management
- MSc Environmental Diagnostics and Management
- MSc Environmental Engineering
- MSc Environmental Informatics
- MSc Environmental Management for Business
- MSc Environmental Water Management
- MSc Environment and Public Policy
- MSc Environmental Risk Management
- MSc Energy Supply for Low Carbon Futures
- MSc Geographical Information Management
- MSc Integrated Landscape Ecology
- MSc Land Reclamation and Restoration
- MSc Motorsport Engineering and Management
- MSc Offshore and Ocean Technology with Offshore Renewable Energy
- MSc Renewable Energy Technology
- MSc Waste and Resource Management
- MSc Water and Wastewater Engineering
Vist www.cranfield.ac.uk for more information on courses and to apply online.