Morton Grove, Ill. -- Xylem Inc., a global water technology leader focused on solving the world’s most challenging water issues, and its Bell & Gossett brand has been announced as a 2016 Product of the Year finalist for its Suction Diffuser Plus by Consulting-Specifying Engineer (CSE) magazine. The Suction Diffuser Plus is an innovative flow-straightening centrifugal pump accessory that helps maintain efficiency, improve flow conditions and eliminate recirculation zones, reducing energy waste.
The Product of the Year program was established to provide readers of CSE with information about the leading new products in the HVAC, fire/life safety, electrical and plumbing systems engineering markets. Bell & Gossett has won six Product of the Year awards since 2010, including the top award, Most Valuable Product, in 2014 for its e-1510 base mounted end suction centrifugal pump.
“It’s an honor to again be selected a product finalist by Consulting-Specifying Engineer, a leading resource for professionals in the commercial building services industry,” said Mark Handzel, Vice President, Product Regulatory Affairs, and Director, HVAC and Commercial Buildings, Americas, Xylem. “We’re pleased the judges recognize the energy efficiency benefits, quality and reliability of the Suction Diffuser Plus.”
Voting for the 2016 Product of the Year finalists is open to readers of CSE through June 30 at CSE’s website
The Suction Diffuser Plus was developed to provide ideal flow conditions to maintain increased efficiencies for a broad range of commercial HVAC applications. The product’s compact footprint is easily retrofitted into previous system designs.
Other product benefits include:
- Flow Cone technology that enables the pump to retain as much as 5 percent more of its intrinsic efficiency compared to similar products.
- A patent-pending Flow Cone™ design that addresses increasingly stringent ASHRAE and MEI efficiency guidelines by improving flow conditions and eliminating recirculation zones, which reduces energy waste.
- Optional pressure/temperature ports that enable operators to check system conditions and verify start-up strainer presence without having to shut down the pump system, saving installers time and effort.
- A mesh throwaway start-up strainer that ensures clean and trouble-free performance at installation.
- A large-diameter orifice cylinder that prevents debris from entering the pump suction, resulting in reduced maintenance costs.
To learn more about the Suction Diffuser Plus, visit http://bellgossett.com/hydronic-plumbing-accessories/pump-accessories/suction-diffuser/.
Follow Bell & Gossett on social media:
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Xylem is headquartered in Rye Brook, New York, with 2015 revenues of $3.7 billion and approximately 12,500 employees worldwide. Xylem was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the last four years for advancing sustainable business practices and solutions worldwide and the Company has satisfied the requirements to be a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series each year since 2013.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all — that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.