The biofuels industry is showing confidence in the future of the sector, with a 77% increase in bookings for World Biofuels Markets over previously recorded records. More than 220 speakers have committed to sharing their insight during the conference, and with the exhibition hall nearing capacity, World Biofuels Markets 2010 promises to be the largest biofuels networking event ever.
“2010 is seeing a real resurgence in the global biofuels industry. The phenomenal response we have received, with 600 attendees already confirmed, demonstrates a real desire to kick start the recovery of the bioenergy sector,” said Nadim Chaudhry, Managing Director of Green Power Conferences.
In further news, World Biofuels Markets are pleased to announce that Jacqueline Cramer will give the welcome address at World Biofuels Markets 2010, adding to an already stellar line up of global leaders. 'We are very pleased to have confirmed the attendance of Jacqueline Cramer, the Minister for the Environment of the Netherlands,' said Nadim Chaudhry. “Minister Cramer is incredibly qualified to give the welcoming address given her previous experience, a former Board Director at Shell she also headed the Cramer Commission in setting the Dutch biofuels sustainability criteria and showing that sustainable bioenergy offered major chances for development in the South.'
Billed as the premier industry networking event for leaders of the biofuels world, World Biofuels Markets will take place from 15 - 17 March 2010 and is being held for the first time in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Keynote speakers confirmed for the World Biofuels Markets to date include:
- Dr Gro Harlem Brundtland, Former Prime Minister of Norway, UN Special Envoy for Climate Change & member of the Elders
- Nobuo Tanaka, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
- Philip New, Chief Executive Officer, BP Biofuels
- Jan Ernst de Groot, Managing Director, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Ruud Lubbers, former Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Jacqueline Cramer, Minister of the Environment, The Netherlands
- Suani Coelho, Executive Director, CENBIO, UN Advisory Group on Energy and Climate Change & IRENA Executive Committee Member
- Karl Watkin MBE, Bioenergy Pioneer, Founder D1 Oils
- Peder Holk Nielsen, Executive Vice President, Novozymes
- Andrew Owens, Chief Executive Officer, Greenergy
Green Power Conferences and Green Power Academy are trading names of Green Thinking (Services) Ltd. Established in 2003, Green Power Conferences was the first to offer professionally organised events focusing on the sustainability sector. Over the last five years, we have welcomed over 10,000 delegates from 90 countries and built a global database of 400,000+ contacts. Our expertise lies in producing high quality, interactive conferences and training courses that provide ample networking opportunities for delegates and partners alike.
Each event is developed by a team of market research professionals who ensure our events provide in-depth discussions and the latest industry updates in these fast-moving sectors. With a global portfolio of 50+ events, Green Power Conferences is helping to accelerate the uptake of sustainable business practices from Rio to Hong Kong. We also walk the talk, by offsetting all our commercial activities through renewable energy projects around the world.