CHICAGO, IL -- Provectus announces that the US Patent and Trademark Office recently issued US Patent No. 9,126,245 B2 describing the combined use of ferric oxide (or other tri-valent metals) plus persulfate to yield safer, more effective remedial actions. With patent filings in the USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Japan, Mexico and the EU, Provectus freely markets globally this technology as Provect-OX™ Persulfate for superior in situ chemical oxidation (ISCO) coupled with sustained and enhanced bioremediation.
- Safety: does not use extreme activation chemistry such as grossly elevated pH (base activation); will not generate excessive heat / off-gases that can raise health & safety issues and cause problems during remedial construction (e.g., increased surfacing) and induce the migration of COI residuals and vapors.
- Ease of Use: can be supplied in a single container; no secondary containment required.
- Effectiveness: activation quickly yields sulfate and ferrate radicals for ISCO treatment.
- Performance: better supports long-term, sustained, secondary bioremediation processes to manage residuals and prevent contaminant rebound (COI rebound is a common problem encountered with conventional ISCO technologies).
- Cost: the industry is no longer monopolized by a single supplier of persulfate or their technologies.