Blue Water Filterings ... Special Announcement
Disinfection without chlorine byproducts, removal of endocrine disruptors, increased dissolved oxygen in your effluent, and non-detect total phosphorus levels in one cost-effective process.
Sound too good to be true? Read on.
Blue CAT™ Has Arrived
Blue Water’s next-generation technology, known as Blue CAT™, has been operational at the Hayden Wastewater Research Facility for over 3 months. This process adds multi-mode, catalytic oxidation as a simple upgrade to the base Blue PRO™, reactive filtration process. Our results for a single-filter system include:
- Pre-reactor catalytic oxidation potentials up to 900 mV; 650 mV for 30 seconds is considered sufficient for disinfection
- Removal of fecal coliforms to <2 cfu/100 mL
- Improved total phosphorus removal, over 95% reduction in one filter
- TOC reduction from 4 to 1.5 mg/L; this is an analog for micropollutants (i.e., endocrine disruptors)
- Process effluent turbidity of 0.1-0.3 ntu
- 40% lower iron doses, with effluent iron of only 0.06 mg/L Fe
These results go beyond proof-of-concept for disinfection and destruction of organic contaminants like endocrine disruptors, and the system is not yet optimized! A significant sampling trial is planned, including analyses of specific endocrine disrupting chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and pathogens.