The recent industrial accidents have highlighted the importance of Occupational Health and Safety. BSI will be exploring this further in its next free webinar, “Exploring the Value of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System”, which will be held on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 1:00 pm EDT, and will explore how a management system can help address health and safety concerns to improve a company’s bottom line.
Safety incidents can cost the lives of employees, affect the livelihood of direct and indirect suppliers, severely tarnish the name and reputation of the company and drive down its value to investors and stakeholders. An Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS), like BSI’s OHSAS 18001, sets processes and procedures in place that protect workers and assist companies to meet industry and government compliance to safety regulations.
OHSAS 18001 allows companies to predicatively identify, evaluate, and control their particular health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, sustain regulatory compliance and continually improve organizational performance. At our next webinar, learn the value of an internationally-recognized management system for occupational health and safety, OHSAS 18001.
To register for this FREE event, go to www.bsiamerica.com/ohsms
About BSI Group
BSI Group is a global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to over 80,000 customers with standards-based solutions. Originating as the world’s first national standards body, BSI has over 2,500 staff operating in over 140 countries through more than 50 global offices. BSI’s key offerings are:
- The development and sale of private, national and international standards and supporting information that promote and share best practice.
- Second and third-party management systems assessment and certification in all critical areas of management disciplines.
- Testing and certification of services and products for Kitemark® and CE marking to UK, European and international standards. BSI is a Notified Body for 15 New Approach EU Directives.
- Certification of high-risk, complex medical devices.
- Performance management software solutions.
- Supply chain security solutions which identify and mitigate risks in supply chains.
- Training services in support of standards implementation and business best practice.
BSI Group America Inc. is the Americas’ division of BSI and the direct website is www.bsiamerica.com.
Vice President Marketing
Reston, VA, USA