- Hear the perspective of legislators, regulators and environmental public health advocates.
- Discuss the needs of downstream users, including the need for better data and transparency regarding chemicals in the supply chain.
- Discuss the opportunities and challenges that safer chemicals reform presents to downstream businesses, including the potential market advantage or disruption of transitioning away from chemicals of concern.
- Explore the common policy interests among downstream users of chemicals, and between businesses and NGOs.
- Lisa P. Jackson, Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Roger McFadden, Vice President, Staples
- Jeffrey Hollender, Co-founder, Seventh Generation
- Robin Guenther, Principal, Perkins+Will
- Howard Williams, Vice President, Construction Specialties
- Rachelle Wenger, Director, Public Policy & Community Advocacy, Catholic Healthcare West
- Richard Denison, Senior Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund
- Patricia Beattie, President, Arcalis Scientific
To apply for participation http://www.saferchemicals.org/symposium_rsvp.html Also, please join us for visits to Capitol Hill and the administration to share our business perspective. June 4, 2010 - Washington, D.C A growing number of business owners, executives, professionals and investors are adding their voice for the reform of TSCA. Please add yours to our sign on letter. http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/6269/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=2048 For more information contact: David Levine, American Sustainable Business Council, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.asbcouncil.org Mark Rossi, Business-NGO Working Group on Safer Chemicals & Sustainable Materials Mark@CleanProduction.org, www.bizngo.org