With the Annual Energy Statement confirming Nuclear power’s role in the UK’s future energy mix, operators, supply chain members and their advisors are continuing to form relationships and begin preparatory work to ensure the delivery of proposed new build projects. However, hurdles remain in the form of investor concerns, questions over insurance capabilities and lessons to be learned from recent projects in Finland and France.
At this crucial time for stakeholders looking to get involved in nuclear new build, C5 has comprehensively researched and developed the Nuclear New Build 2011 conference to ensure the content is practical, sophisticated and indentifies the key commercial and legal issues arising from UK new build projects, as they stand today, as well as taking into consideration how they will develop in future. An unrivalled faculty will provide expert knowledge and strategic insight into advising on and contributing to current and future nuclear projects, focusing on key supply chain issues and regulatory concerns at this critical juncture for UK new build.
Key speakers confirmed:
- Hergen Haye, Head of New Nuclear, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Sir Michael Pitt, Chairman, Infrastructure Planning Commission
- Lady Balfour of Burleigh, Chairman, Nuclear Liabilities Financing Assurance Board
- Alan McGoff, RSR – Policy Lead New Nuclear Build, Environment Agency
- Greg Evans, Head of Nuclear, Centrica
- Adrian Worker, Programme Director – UK Nuclear New Build, Amec
- Norman Harrison, Director of Strategic Development, Babcock International
- Laurence Savage, Nuclear Site Licensing Project Manager, NNB Genco Limited
Key topics to be covered at this event include:
- The current operator outlook on potential funding plans and structures
- How the lack of Government subsidy will affect private financing
- How the dismantling of the infrastructure planning mechanisms will affect the timetables for new nuclear projects
- How the future carbon price for nuclear will impact on new build projects
- Exploring export controls and the effect on delivering nuclear new build
- How bonus arrangements under NEC will be dealt with
- Creating unique insurance solutions for long term construction processes
To register please visit www.c5nuclear.com.