The “high survivability’s” sonic anemometer is compact in design-- only 5-inches in diameter and 7-inches in height—for minimum turbulence in the measured air stream. Additionally, the electronics utilize the latest solid state surface mount technology, conserving power with a consumption of less than .05W when the heaters are not operating. Unique, aerodynamic design ensures long-term reliability against possible interference from dust, debris and the elements. Its compact size, metal housing and state-of-the-art, robust heating design allows the weather sensor to be kept ice free under the most extreme conditions. Designed specifically for the rugged wind turbine marketplace, Climatronics Corporation’s “high survivability” sonic anemometer is field configurable through a user-friendly software interface which is accessed through the sensor’s serial data port.
- Ruggedized solid state wind sensor for wind turbine control application
- All metal construction
- Available with heater for icing environments
- Wind tunnel and field tested in harsh icing conditions
- Proven Sonimometer™ sonic anemometer technology
- Straightforward deployment and interface