FARMINGTON, Conn., Feb. 7, 2013 /PR Newswire/ --
In today's world of constrained resources and limited capital, there is a tremendous need to think creatively and implement smarter models for doing business in the water sector. Global Information (GII) provides market research reports to help executives and organizations to think smarter and deliver innovative solutions for the future of the world's water supply.
The total volume of water on the planet is approximately 1.4 billion cubic kilometers, but roughly 97.5% of that is saltwater. Of the remaining 2.5%, nearly 70% (approximately 24.5 million cubic kilometers) is trapped in ice, whereas approximately 30% (approximately 10.5 million cubic kilometers) is groundwater, and only 0.3% (approximately 105,000 cubic kilometers) is freshwater contained in lakes and rivers (UN Water, 2012). Well under 1% of the world's total freshwater, including water from lakes, rivers, and groundwater aquifers, is usable in a renewable fashion (Pacific Institute, 2012).
Global markets for wastewater-recycling and reuse technologies during the period from 2009 to 2012 increased from nearly $6.7 billion to $9.5 billion, equivalent to a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6%. From 2012 through 2017, global recycling markets are expected to expand more rapidly as global economies continue to recover from the global turndown. Global markets are expected to increase from $9.5 billion in 2012 to $23.4 billion in 2017, reflecting a five-year CAGR of 19.7%.
Global Markets and Technologies for Water Recycling and Reuse
This study provides a review of the global markets and technologies for wastewater recycling and reuse at the regional level, along with additional breakdowns for select relevant national-level markets. It seeks to quantify markets for wastewater recycling technologies based on available data and anticipated trends in global and regional market development in the wastewater recycling industry.
The following wastewater reuse and recycling technologies are reviewed in this report: conventional treatment and recycling technologies, membrane filtration technologies, chemical treatments and disinfection technologies, and demineralization technologies.
An Executive Summary for this report and free sample pages from the full document are available at http://www.giiresearch.com/report/bc261148-global-markets-technologies-water-recycling-reuse.html
Global Water Market 2014: Meeting the world's water and wastewater needs until 2018
This report identifies the best global opportunities for private sector participation and investment over the next five years. The report is an essential resource for planning your business strategy and for expanding your business into these profitable country markets. It provides in-depth and exclusive information on emerging trends and opportunities, why it is worth your investment and how to get involved at the earliest stages. In-depth country chapters for the most significant water markets explain market structures, government policies and reveal exclusive current and future project information - providing you with deep market insight that will give you the edge over your regional competitors.
An Executive Summary for this report and free sample pages from the full document are available at http://www.giiresearch.com/report/gwi260459-global-water-market-meeting-worlds-water.html
Global Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Market
The global membrane bioreactor market was worth $838.2 million in 2011 and is expected to witness positive growth and revenue sales through 2018. This does, however, mask important trends. While Europe and North America have been the traditional markets for MBR sales, it is Asia Pacific and the Middle East that are anticipated to be the leading markets in the upcoming years. Municipalities, which are important large buyers of MBR technology, will be the driving forces in Asia Pacific while many companies will look to industrial clients in Europe and North America for sales.
This publication will be release on March 30, 2013. Free sample pages are available at http://www.giiresearch.com/report/fs259329-global-membrane-bioreactor-mbr-market.html
For more market research highlights, technical research news and industry updates, please visit http://www.giiresearch.com/press/
About Global Information Inc. Global Information (GII) (http://www.giiresearch.com) is an information service company partnering with over 300 research companies around the world. Global Information has been in the business of distributing technical and market research for more than 25 years. Expanded from its original headquarters in Japan, Global Information now has offices in Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Europe and the United States.
Jeremy Palaia Global Information, Inc., 1-860-674-8796, Press@gii.co.jp
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Global Information, Inc.