Elster (NYSE: ELT) announced today that several advanced metering solutions will be highlighted at the National Rural Water Association's 2011 H2O XPO, taking place October 4 – 6, 2011, at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, KY. Elster's innovative Smart Metering technology empowers utilities across the globe to modernize water infrastructure with improved measurement accuracy and increased operational efficiency.
Elster metering solutions already comply with 'lead-free' initiatives; specifically California Assembly Bill 1953 (AB1953) and, for the future, the National Science Foundation's NSF-61 Annex F.
Elster has installed more than 2.5 million polymer-bodied water meters across the globe. These meters, along with additional Elster products, such as the Hydrosert® line of quick connect couplings, meet the AB1953 and NSF-61 Annex F standards.
'Our steadfast focus on developing innovative, progressive solutions that meet future no-lead standards today continues to propel Elster forward in the worldwide water utility market,' said Thomas Gwynn, president, Elster AMCO Water, Inc.
'The Elster products on display at H2O XPO 2011 are already deployed at leading water utilities across the globe to improve measurement accuracy, comply with safety standards and improve operational efficiencies. Elster is bringing new, innovative advanced metering technologies to market to improve both utility operations and water quality,' Gwynn added.
Elster will demonstrate powerful water metering solutions at booth #3333 and revolutionary mechanical fittings at booth # 3222 at H20 XPO 2011.
- SM700—Ideal for advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) deployments, the polymer-lined, battery-operated SM700 Smart Meter features a no-moving parts fluidic oscillator, resulting in improved performance, accuracy and reliability.
- evoQ4—A stainless steel polyethylene epoxy-lined electromagnetic meter, the evoQ4 delivers high accuracy through a wide range of flows and varied conditions and applications.
- Polymer C700—The C700 polymer meter combines advanced engineering, such as integrated metal threads, and proven measurement technologies to support no-lead initiatives.
- Evolution— Elster Evolution meters are next-generation solutions addressing the industry's growing demand for greater meter intelligence and an end-to-end, utility-wide solution. This meter reading solution enables utilities to implement flexible, cost-efficient reading systems today that can evolve as the utility grows or as technology advances.
- Perfection—Hydrosert polyethylene water fittings are 100 percent lead-free, non-corrosive and feature a 'no-stress' design that separates and optimizes both the gripping and sealing areas of the fitting. This connection method results in dependable, leak-proof performance for the life of the high density polyethylene (HDPE) system.
Elster (NYSE: ELT) is one of the world's largest electricity, gas and water measurement and control providers. Its offerings include distribution monitoring and control, advanced smart metering, demand response, networking and software solutions, and numerous related communications and services – key components for enabling consumer choice, operational efficiency and conservation. Its products and solutions are widely used by utilities in the traditional and emerging Smart Grid markets.
Elster has one of the most extensive installed revenue measurement bases in the world, with more than 200 million metering modules deployed over the course of the last 10 years. It sells its products and services in more than 130 countries across electricity, gas, water and multi-utility applications for residential, commercial and industrial, and transmission and distribution applications.
For more information about Elster, please visit www.elster.com.