Enventure has been chosen by a leading oil and gas exploration and production company in the ANZ region to enhance its MRO Data Excellence
Portsmouth, NH -- The client is engaged in oil and gas exploration and production with over five decades of market presence. They have over 6 exploration and production sites across the ANZ region and is known to acquiring multiple organization to expand market footprint. The client’s asset portfolio includes ownership interests in strategic oil and natural gas infrastructure and is currently the largest onshore oil producer in ANZ.
The client has been involved in multiple acquisitions and mergers, found a new oil discovery in the past 2-3 years, has multiple production sites, and recently announced to implement SAP to manage their overall inventory and spare parts data. The major challenges for the client are:
- Simultaneous implementation of SAP at all production sites
- A huge number of duplicate parts and unidentified parts in inventory and plant
- Many MRO parts that are either Unclassified or contain the wrong classification
- High obsolescence and non-moving inventory due to incorrect nomenclature
- Non-availability of Data Taxonomy or schema for uniform product descriptions
Enventure proposed a solution with a robust data modeling framework considering all these paraments for a smooth implementation of SAP. The data modeling framework will cover – ISO 8000 compliant oil and gas specific taxonomy development, detailed data enrichment, and an AI-based data governance platform supported by a dedicated supplier engagement team. This framework is expected to deploy the best quality MRO data into the newly implemented SAP ERP System and help the client improve spend analytics, manage supplier consolidation, and provide real-time visibility of their entire inventory across multiple plant locations.
The project is led by a seasoned Supply Chain expert assisted by a team of MRO specialists and data managers. The outcome of the project is expected to provide:
- ISO 8000 compliant oil and gas data taxonomy design
- A golden database of enriched MRO parts data without any duplicates and obsolescence
- Optimized inventory with clear description of every part
- Right parts available at the right time to reduce Mean Time To Repair (MTTR)
- A dedicated team to perform plant walk-down and crib crawl
- Ongoing data governance with the help of an online platform – Partlinq® MDG
“High-quality data is the need of the hour for all asset intensive industries, without which businesses tend to make incorrect decisions leading to high costs and inefficiencies. We are poised towards helping clients to achieve better control over the MRO Supply Chain and Plant Operations. In this engagement, we look forward to providing a substantial opportunity for the client in terms of their supply chain transformation and high-performing MRO data intelligence,” says CK Bharathan, Head of MRO Data Excellence, Enventure.
Enventure Engineering LLP (www.enventure.com) is a privately-held, ISO 9001-2015 & ISO 27001-2013 certified Master Data Management and Engineering Services company, with clients in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Enventure has been serving clients across the globe since 1997. Today, Enventure is a preferred supplier of Master Data Management and Asset management services to companies ranging from Startups to Fortune 500, across various industry verticals such as Hi-tech Electronics, Construction, Automobile, Medical, Power & Water, Oil & Gas, and Industrial Manufacturing. Enventure provides a wide array of services to Clients, in areas such as Master Data Management, Asset Management, Plant Design Engineering, Building Engineering, Product Design, Technical Documentation, Component Engineering, and Environmental Compliance Support.