February 2012 -- Hach Company Flow Meter Products & Services is pleased to announce the release of its latest flow monitoring innovation, the FH950 Portable Velocity Flow Meter with electromagnetic sensor.
Hach’s new FH950 simplifies the velocity measurement process for stream discharge measurements, primary device calibration and sewer spot-check measurements. Step-by-step instructions guide the user through the flow profiling process, and with the ability to log velocity and entered depth information within the meter, field time is cut in half. Discharge calculations are available real-time and collected flow data is conveniently downloaded to a computer via the USB connection, eliminating post-site visit manual data transfer and calculations.
The electromagnetic sensor is disconnectable from the meter, has no moving parts and never requires mechanical maintenance or calibration, making it the lowest maintenance solution on the market. The meter is a direct replacement for USGS type mechanical meters.
- Reduce man-hours 50% --the step by step user interface simplifies programming, delivers real time data, and downloads direct to PC -- allowing a single person to take the readings and eliminating post site visit manual data transfer from log book to PC
- Automatically calculates total discharge based on USGS and ISO methods--reduces time to manually calculate and likelihood of errors
- Real-time velocity graphed on color display
- Lowest maintenance solution on the market electromagnetic velocity sensor with no moving parts never requires mechanical maintenance
- Lightweight, rugged portable meter—only 1.5 pounds
- Water resistant electronics
- Rechargeable portable meter
- Data Storage for up to 10 profiles and 32 stations per profile
- Easy-to-use menu-driven interface display remains readable even in bright sunlight
- Direct replacement for USGS type mechanical meters
About Hach Company Flow Products & Services
Hach Company Flow Products and Services, a world-class manufacturer of innovative and reliable open channel flow meters, is the first choice for flow professionals in the wastewater industry. Flow meter innovation, reliability, and accuracy are the hallmark of our products as well as an unrivaled support and sales network. The combined strengths of Hach's Sigma and Marsh-McBirney flow meters provide our customers with over 75 years of flow experience. Hach Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (www.danaher.com), a fortune 500 leader.