The utility industry’s biggest show — The International Construction and Utility Equipment Exposition (ICUEE) is just around the corner. The show will take over the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville October 3 through 5, and our team has been hard at work preparing for the event during the past few months.
With over 1 million square feet of exhibition space, there is no shortage of equipment to see at ICUEE. But there are a few reasons why you shouldn’t skip the McLaughlin booth. Get a sneak peek of our plans for the show below, and come see us at Lot Area K-120!
1. Experience the power of PTO-driven options
Earlier this summer, McLaughlin introduced the Vermeer MEGA VAC VXT Series — a productive, PTO-driven option that will help you meet weight regulations and that is backed by the support of the Vermeer dealer network. Stop by the McLaughlin booth at ICUEE to see why the VXT Series is ideal for utility and distribution contractors who are looking for a solution for high-production potholing projects.
Here are some quick facts about our newest vacuum excavator:
- 6-inch system featuring spoil tank capacities ranging from 1,200 – 2,000 gallons and a standard option of 800 gallons of fresh water.
- Available in larger spoil tank capacities including 2,200, 2,600 and 3,000 for off-road applications.
- Powered by the industry-proven OMSI Gearbox and a ROOTS 3200 CFM Blower
- New CAN Control system allows for two-way communication between remote control and vacuum excavator.
- New Vacuum Neutral feature allows blower to breathe free air and stop suction without closing the hydraulic gate valve in the boom. This allows an operator to work safely near the boom without having to shut the vacuum off.
2. Buy your newest locator right in our booth
We’re proud to manufacture some of the toughest, most accurate locators in the business. While our competitors use just two antennas to measure depth readings, our Vision Locators use three, which adds an un-matched level of precision to your locating process. Plus, the antennas are mounted in an injection-molded locator case, so they can handle the most rugged jobsite conditions.
We stand by the products we make, which is why you won’t find a better warranty anywhere else. All McLaughlin locators are backed by a three-year warranty and weatherproof guarantee. Try one for yourself in the McLaughlin booth — we’ll even have some onsite for you to purchase right then and there.
3. We’re bringing BIG back
Back at CONEXPO/CON-AGG, we launched our biggest machine ever — the McL60 Workhorse auger boring system. Designed for long, large diameter casing installations for power, communications, water and sewer as well as pipeline projects, the McL60 Workhorse has all the power and torque you need for big bores. Experience the huge capability of this product in person at the McLaughlin booth during ICUEE.
Do you have an auger boring project coming up where you’ll need to deal with tough, rocky conditions? Come check out the industry-exclusive Steerable Rock System (SRS). The SRS is the auger boring market’s first steerable head designed to navigate not only solid rock but difficult fractured rock conditions as well. Engineered to operate in rock up to 25,000 psi, the SRS allows operators to maneuver auger boring machines even in the toughest ground conditions for an on-grade bore.
4.Be the first to see our latest products revealed at the show
And those are just the products we’ve already introduced to the public. We’re launching a lot of great new machines and products at the show. Be there to see the latest McLaughlin innovations in action.