Horizon Water is an exclusive agent of Dow's UF & RO modules
2019-09-18 -- Horizon Water Company is an exclusive agent of Dow's UF & RO modules,please send us your enquiry for technical and commercial proposal.
The DOW Ultrafiltration modules are made from high strength, hollow fiber membranes that offer the following features:
• 0.03 μm nominal pore diameter for removal of bacteria, viruses, and particulates including colloids
• PVDF polymeric hollow fibers for high strength and chemical resistance
• Hydrophilic PVDF fibers for easy cleaning and wettability that help maintain long term performance
• Outside-In flow configuration for high tolerance to feed solids and the use of air scour cleaning
• U-PVC housings eliminate the need for pressure vessels and are resistant to UV light
The outside-In flow configuration is tolerant of wide ranging feed water qualities and allows air scour cleaning. The dead-end flow offers higher recovery and energy savings. The pressurized vertical shell-and-tube design eliminates the need for separate pressure vessels and allows easy removal of air from cleaning and integrity testing steps.
The hollow fiber membranes are 1.3 mm outside diameter and 0.7 mm inside diameter and are made from PVDF polymer. The fibers are strong because of a combination of the PVDF polymer, asymmetric dense spongy layer, and skins formed on each side of the fiber. The PVDF membranes offer high chemical resistance and are tolerant to temperatures of 40ºC. The hydrophilicity of the PVDF fibers is increased by using a proprietary treatment during manufacturing.
The 0.03μm nominal pore size combines high filtration performance and high flux. The smaller pore size provides stabile long term filtration performance compared to microfiltation.