Job Vacancy - Environmental Vibration Test Engineer
Job Description: Test & Calibration Engineering Vacancy (Vibration – Climatic – Flow)
Opening for a highly motivated Test & Calibration Engineer to take on an exciting dual role;
(1) to operate and grow our new climatic and vibration test facility for the testing of thermal fluid components utilised within the internal combustion engine, hybrid and EV platforms. You will be responsible for the complete operation of ED shakers, chambers, instrumentation, calibration, conditioning equipment, fixtures, all program testing, scheduling, customer liaison, reporting and future business generation for the facility.
(2) to provide engineering support and develop our UKAS accredited fluid flow and anemometer calibration rigs, in order to meet turnaround times whilst increasing the operational efficiency of the rigs.
The role will suit a dynamic, resourceful technician or engineer with willingness to take on a wide range of tasks, both hands on and supervisory, who is looking for a challenging role with great opportunities to develop his/her career and be an integral part of the test facility growth.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record in the setup and operation of a vibration test facility for the testing of automotive and aviation components and have some knowledge or experience in at least one of the following attributes; Flow calibration, UKAS laboratory systems, NI Labview programming or climatic testing. The candidate should be proficient in MS Office, have good all-round communication skills, be able to lead by example and be confident working unsupervised as well as within a team. The candidate will report to Operations Manager.
- Interpretation of customer requests and generation of quotations.
- Build, assemble, setup and test of equipment.
- Modification of existing or fabrication of new fixtures.
- Procurement of fixtures and fittings from technical drawings from approved suppliers.
- Installation, calibration and setup of data acquisition and instrumentation systems.
- Setup, programming, monitoring and logging of vibration and climatic tests.
- Generation of test reports and report approval.
- Maintaining, documenting and calibration of test and validation equipment.
- Business development of the vibration and climatic testing services.
- Engineering support and development of the calibration service areas.
- Technical support to technicians.
- HNC / HND or Degree qualified from an accredited institution or demonstrable equivalent work experience in a test or calibration environment.
- 3+ years’ experience working in an engineering development / test environment.
- Experience with ED shakers, chambers and instrumentation.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, shop tools, and shop equipment.
- Ability to instrument test samples with thermocouples / accelerometers / flow meters / pressure sensors as required by test procedure.
- Proficient in the use, setup and control of data acquisition systems (equipment and software).
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competitive demands and tight deadlines.
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail