Kick off some simple carbon cuts on World Environment Day
As someone interested in taking positive action on climate change you will already see the advantages in reducing both your own emissions and emissions globally. So as businesses across the world pledge their positive environmental actions for the annual World Environment Day on 5th June, we wanted to share some simple tips for cutting carbon in your workplace.
Why not encourage your staff to commit to making a small daily change? These small acts are achievable by everyone, and can start your team on the way towards setting more ambitious targets that cut emissions and cut costs.
Each of these simple actions cuts one kilo of CO2 – and there are 20 more ways to save on our handy downloadable guide.
- Recycle eight aluminium cans
- Set your printer to low power mode rather than ready mode
- Bring in homemade sandwiches rather than prepackaged – 18 sandwich packs equals a kilo!
- Cycling or walking for three miles of your commute
- Turning off vending machines for six hours – so one night is over a kilo!
The CarbonNeutral Company team is always on hand to offer advice on carbon management for your company. Our Carbon Measurement Guide and Carbon Reduction Guide are great starting points for setting your carbon strategy, and of course you can always contact us directly on +44 (0)20 7833 6027 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.