Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C), B&C Consortia Management, L.L.C. (BCCM), and The Acta Group (Acta) are pleased to announce that Lynn L. Bergeson will chair a session of the first Sustainable Nanotechnology Organization (SNO) conference, which will be held November 4-6, 2012, in Arlington, Virginia. The conference will address the critical aspects of sustainable nanotechnology, including lifecycle assessment, green synthesis, green energy, food and agriculture, nanomedicine, industrial nanotechnology, environmental and biological fate, and the overall sustainability of engineered nanomaterials. Bergeson will chair a session on 'Legal Aspects/Policy Considerations,' on November 5, 2012. More information is available online.
SNO is a newly created non-profit, worldwide professional society comprised of individuals and institutions that are engaged in:
- Research and development of sustainable nanotechnology;
- Implications of nanotechnology for environment, health, and safety;
- Advances in nanoscience, methods, protocols, and metrology;
- Education and understanding of sustainable nanotechnology; and
- Applications of nanotechnology for sustainability.
SNO's purpose is to provide a professional society forum to advance knowledge in all aspects of sustainable nanotechnology, including both applications and implications.