Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C), The Acta Group, L.L.C. (Acta), and The Acta Group EU, Ltd (Acta EU) are pleased to announce that on May 19, 2011, Lynn L. Bergeson will moderate a panel discussing key nanotechnology-related international and state regulatory programs during a 'quick teleconference' program sponsored by the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources entitled Nano Governance: The Current State of Federal, State, and International Regulation. The teleconference will explore the new and creative applications of existing regulatory tools and governance approaches to address the potential risks of nanotechnologies, implement new risk assessment approaches to evolving technologies, and maximize the potential benefits of these materials.
- William Jordan, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Pesticide Programs, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA);
- Jim Alwood, Program Manager, Chemical Control Division, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, EPA;
- Treye A. Thomas, Ph.D., Toxicologist, Directorate for Health Sciences, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission;
- Steffi Friedrichs, Ph.D., Nanotechnology Industries Association;
- Neena Sahasrabudhe, Ph.D., Office of Pollution Prevention and Green Technology, California Department of Toxic Substances Control;
- Rosalind Volpe, Ph.D., Executive Director, Silver Nanotechnology Working Group, A Program of Silver Research Consortium, LLC;
- Thomas R. Jacob, Coordinator, California Nanotechnology Initiative;
- Richard A. Denison, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund, Inc.; and
- Steve Froggett, Ph.D., Froggett & Associates.
There are two ways to participate in this program, either attending a host site location or individual dial-in. Participation at a host site location is free of charge for ABA members and $110 for non-members. Registration with the host site contact is required, however:
- Durham, North Carolina: Silver Research Consortium, LLC, 1822 E. NC Highway 54, Suite 120. RSVP: Rosalind Volpe, (919) 361-4647, ext. 3023 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- San Francisco, California: McKenna, Long, Aldridge, LLP, 101 California Street, 41st Floor. RSVP: Ann Grimaldi, (415) 267-4104 or email@example.com; or
- Washington, D.C.: Wiley Rein LLP, 1776 K Street, N.W. RSVP: David E. Markert, (202) 719-7496 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information is available online.